16| Night Time

Anakin's POV
A few months later
I stood out by the balcony thinking about my dream. I was in a cold cell, a thin ice layer laid on the floor. I could barely see and I heard the screams of two young children.

"You alright?" I heard Laza ask. I turned my head and saw her walking over to me.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"I don't believe you," she said, "you had another nightmare, didn't you?"

"Yes," I answered.

"About?" She questioned.

"I don't really know, I was in a cold cell and there was ice all across the floor. I was partially blind, I heard young children screaming," I told her.

"It was only a dream, Ani," she said putting her hand on my back.

"I know, but it felt so real," I said walking over to the railing.

"I know how that feels," she said following me. I sensed the Emperor.

"Do you sense him?" I asked.

"Yes," she gritted her teeth.

"He's not on Coruscant, calm down. He's in a near system," I said trying to calm her down.

"I don't want him near me," she said.

"Shhh, Laza, why have you been so angry?" I asked.

"He killed our child, you really think I'm gonna let that go?" She said.

"No, but Master Windu told me you've been acting different ever since your fist mission as a Jedi Knight," I told her.

"I have, I turned sixteen that year I grew up," she said.

"Growing up doesn't come with the anger you have inside you," I said.

"Within those few days I realized some of the nicest people could become some of the worst. I met the Senator before, she was a sweet girl until she joined the dark side," she explained.

"In my opinion that isn't a good enough reason," I said.

"Maybe it isn't, all I ever wanted to do is make my father proud. I kept my guard up to the best of my ability, then when I saw him I grew even angrier," she explained.

"At least you have a father," I shook my head.

"Had," she corrected. "Ani, have you ever thought what life would've been like if our child wasn't killed?" She asked.

"A few times," I replied. She nodded.

"Wait, Grievous was rebuilt, and he wasn't in the explosion," she realized.

"He wasn't..." I sighed.

"You Jedi take a lot of time to realize stuff," I heard Grievous from behind us. I didn't have my lightsaber, neither did Laza.

"Jump," she said.

"What?!" I said. Before I knew it Grievous knocked us unconscious.