Chapter 21

I was showering when Dave came in our room having said "good night" to his girls. He sat down on the bed with his MacBook, put on his glasses and began reading through his email. I stepped out of the bathroom in my robe with a white fluffy towel around my head and sat on the other side of the bed putting lotion on. He closed his computer and rolled over to me.

"Hello..." He whispered kissing my neck and slipping his hand inside my robe running his hand over my breast. I slowly pull away and he looks at me confused. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"I..I dunno. I'm just not in the mood, I guess..." I mutter continuing to put on my lotion. He sits up and stares at me.

"You're always in the mood. You're one of biggest perverts I know and I am a GUY so let that sink in..." He jokes grabbing my thigh and shaking it. I almost crack a smile then it falls. "Talk to me...please?" He says sweetly.

"Jordyn..." Is all I can muster to say and he throws his head back, nodding it vigorously finally putting his face in his hands.

"What the fuck did she say to you? You know she's fucking jealous of you. The girls tell me everything..." He says disgusted.

"She said... That you were dragging your feet in the divorce and...and...I agree!" I say face serious. He looks at me. He looks wounded and stands up quickly.

"How could you ever think that... You think I'm dragging my feet because I DON'T want to be divorced?!" He yells. I stand.

"Why is it taking so long, Dave?! Why?! You never talk to me about any of it and now she's fucking throwing it IN MY FACE and I'm not supposed to wonder?!" I yell back. He clinches his jaw and glares at me.

"That's how little you trust me?" He whispers. I walk over to him shaking my head and try to take his hand. He jerks it away. "No!" He yells and walks over to his wallet and phone and puts them in his pockets.

"Please don't leave just TELL ME WHAT IT IS?!" I scream, tears streaming down my face.

"She wants my FUCKING publishing company, Abby! She wants Roswell and they say she's entitled to MY company. MY dream!" He screams, his eyes filled with anger and fear. I grab his face and he breaks down. I wrap my arms around him, pinning his arms to his side. He rests his head on mine, I stroke the back of his head while he quietly sobs. "I can't, Abby...I can't let her take it..."

"She's just trying to hurt you... Don't let her know she's getting to you." I whisper. Trying my best to soothe him. "Keep fighting, baby. I'll always be here..."

I was able to calm Dave down and eventually he fell asleep with his head on my chest. He was heavy but I didn't want to move him. My thoughts strayed to Jordyn again. She knew exactly why the divorce had stalled; she was just trying to fuck with me the same way she was fucking with Dave. "I won't allow it..." I thought. My mind raced and I couldn't even consider sleep... "What does she really want? It feels bigger than just trying to hurt him. I was always told that they got along great! Where is this suddenly coming from? I feel like the only thing that has changed in his life has been...me... It's me. She hates ME. But WHY? I love and take great care of Dave and I love, love, LOVE her children like they were my very own and they love ME! Why would she want someone else to be in his life? She knows him, he'd never stay alone. It's just not him. He hates being alone. I mean, Jesus, she left him. Not the other way around...Holy fuck, SHE WANTS HIM BACK!"

***

I was sitting on the balcony fully clothed when Dave woke up. I hadn't slept at all. Dave walked out. He still had his clothes and shoes on from yesterday.

"Good morning, baby..." He mumbled, voice hoarse from sleep. I look up at him and give a small smile. Concerned he kneels in front of me and grabs my face. Staring me deep in the eyes. "What's wrong?" He commands to know. I stare back. I couldn't tell him. I needed to speak to Jordyn.

"I didn't sleep." I say, my voice cracking trying not to cry. I was tired and sad and angry...

"Oh, sweetie... That's awful." He says with a pout, stroking my hair. "I bet I could make you tired..." He says with a sly smile and leans in to kiss me long and deep. He puts his hands under my arms, standing me up, never breaking our kiss. He puts his arms around my waist and walks me inside. We fall back on the bed. He lifts my skirt up and unzips his jeans and pulls down his pants and boxers just past his butt. "It's like fucking at a kegger in your buddy's bedroom!" We both laugh and he goes back to kissing me sliding inside of me and positioning my legs around his waist. "Would this be our last time?" I thought staring deep into his eyes. He bit his bottom lip and stared back. He felt so good... It's the feeling I wanted to feel for the rest of my life. Jordyn won't just let that happen...

***

I woke up around 10 am having taken a short nap. I knew Dave was retrieving the girls from Jordyn and taking them to get breakfast and their nails painted. He and I were going to take them to Universal while we were still in Florida because the girls all loved Harry Potter more than anything. I got up put on my sandals and brushed my hair and teeth. I had to find her before she left. I walked down to Jordyn's room and knocked. She opened the door cheerfully, obviously expecting someone else.

"Oh. Can I help you?" She asks in a snide tone. I don't bite.

"Can I come in?" I ask flatly. She purses her lips and moves aside. I look around and find a chair. I motion for her to sit. She reluctantly complies. I take a deep breath and clear my throat.

"Why are you doing this to Dave? And don't try to fuck with me because I am onto you, lady, I just want to hear you say it." I hiss at her. She smiles and cocks her head.

"We've been married 13 years and we have 3 beautiful daughters together. Who do you think he'll choose?" She says. Her face is cruel...

"You were the one who filed for the fucking divorce, you lunatic!" I yell. I could punch her. I want to punch her. She stands up.

"He was halfway across the world and I was sitting in an emergency room having lost our baby!" My eyes shot open in shock. "Yeah... Bet he left out that part, huh? I was sad and scared and angry because every FUCKING time I really needed him he was gone and I was sick of it!" She yells arm flailing.

"Then why do you want him back!" I shoot back.

"Because he's MY fucking husband! He never wanted me to leave. He BEGGED me to stay...If I had still been there, he wouldn't even have looked at you TWICE..." She hissed back. Tears well up in my eyes. Her loving every minute of it.

"Then why do you need me to surrender if you think you got what it takes..." I growl. "Go tell him?! Go fucking tell him right now that you want him back!" I scream. She pauses looking away then down at her feet. I grin.

"You're not so sure, are you?" I question. Her face shoots back at me.

"Give me a break..." She says with a laugh. I stand and walk up to her two inches from her face.

"Game on, bitch."