Chapter 33

I came home late that night. Maybe midnight. Gannin and Chris had left Taylor's around 9:00 giving Taylor and I a little time alone. We didn't have sex, we just cuddled and talked. It was so nice... Dave was already in bed asleep so I decided to sleep in the pool house. I refused to be used as some hate sex sperm receptacle again. I washed up then laid down in my old bed. It felt good this time. I thought of Taylor and his sweet face... The visual made me smile. "My love... I always knew we were meant to be but there is such a steep climb to get there," I thought as I rubbed my protruding belly. I fell asleep and dreamed of us... Taylor and I in Chicago that faithful night. We were so happy. No more sadness or doubt. He smiled at me and the world went black...

I arose the next day and stumbled over to the main house. Dave was up and drinking his coffee in front of his laptop. He barely acknowledged my existence when I came through the door. I bumped the countertop with my hip making my way to the coffeemaker. Dave scoffed...

"Who put that there?" He tried to joke. I looked at him.

"Probably you..." I muttered. I was in no mood to joke. Either was he really.

"Long night?" He asked, chewing and spitting out the words.

"Sort of... We made some real headway..." I answered sipping my coffee. Dave smiled and laughed.

"Oh, I bet you did..." He said sarcastically and turned his attention back to his computer. I looked over at him and shook my head and sighed.

"I need to talk to you about something." I started. Dave looked up, his face turned serious. "I received a call from Dr. Hastings yesterday..." He cut me off.

"About what?" He asked. I had a seat at the counter next to him.

"Well, it seems as though our paternity test was completely inaccurate due to the lab screwing up the tests. They were tainted." I said watching his face fall. He looked away nodding his head.

"Did you tell Taylor?" He asked.

"No." I whispered. He looked at me and sighed.

"He might as well have that too..." He mumbled. The words felt like a punch to my gut. I let out a pained noise.

"We won't know anything until tomorrow." I said placing my hand on his shoulder trying to console him. He looked at me and pouted.

"We know..." He said and got up to get his keys and things. I just sat there with my head hung low.

"Why couldn't you forgive me, Dave?" I asked as he put his hand on the door knob.

"Because I always knew you loved him more than me. You just validated my fear..." He said then walked out. He started up his bike making me jump in my seat and clutch my heart. I fought back tears and went upstairs to get dressed to go to Taylor's house.

***

I arrived and he opened the door before I could even ring the bell with a huge smile on this face. He put his hand out to me and I held it as I took the short flight of steps up to him, smiling the whole way. The moment I got to the top he pulled me to him hard and kissed me, slamming the door behind us. We stripped each other of our clothes as we stumbled through the house and Taylor finally directed me into what I figured was a guest bedroom. He stared down at me on the bed and I suddenly became self-conscious of my baby bump and covered it with my hands. He smiled.

"What are you doing?" He cooed in my ear. His breath was hot and he gently nibbled my earlobe as he leaned me back. I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear.

"It's embarrassing..." I giggle then immediately let out a soft moan as he began to suck on my breasts. He looks at me.

"I think it's sexy..." He says with a sly smile and a cocked eyebrow. I laugh.