Chapter 4

●Morgan●

Sawyer and I were putting away soap holders, soap, hand sanitizers, deodorants, everything was being put into the bathroom. It might have been just me, but I think Sawyer has been stealing looks at me while we worked, actually ever since I met him. I had been stealing looks at him to. No one knew how bad I wanted him to kiss me and push me against the bathroom wall. Obviously that wasn’t going to happen, this was a dream come true for me. Even to be standing next to him. He had been my inspiration since I was thirteen years old. We hadn’t been talking much, just working, which was kind of awkward.

“I guess we are finished,” Sawyer said, breathing hard, looking back at our work.

“Yeah, it’s late,” I said, “I think we should all get some rest.” I really was tired, home was three hours earlier than this, so it was two am. I could barely keep my eyes open, if it wasn’t for Sawyer. But, before I knew it Sawyer was being tackled by a big ball of fur. “Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry!” I said, but couldn’t help from laughing, prying Cody off of Sawyer. Cody was my ten year old Labra doodle that I brought with me from Maryland and he is HUGE.

“No, it’s fine, I love dogs!” Sawyer said rubbing Cody on his furry head laughing. “Anyway, I um, mean to ask you something.” I looked up at Sawyer, dancing on the inside hoping it was going to be something good. “Will you go out with me for sushi tomorrow? For dinner?” I gushed on the inside and I could tell I was blushing like an idiot again.

“Of course, what time?” I asked smiling at him, “How about around six?”

“That sounds perfect, I’ll knock on your door tomorrow at six,” Sawyer said, and kissed my forehead, “Nice to finally meet you, Morgan.”

*Tomorrow at 5:30*

“I can’t believe you have a date with Sawyer,” Lauren said, rolling her eyes, “you have been in LA for one day!” I smiled at Lauren.

“Looks like you and Joey are getting close,” I commented, smiling at the way I was dressed.

“No, you know I am a Shoey shipper,” Lauren said, “You look really pretty tonight by the way. Why would you guys go to a five star restaurant on your first date?” I shrugged.

“Maybe Sawyer has good taste,” I said. Lauren looked down at her clothes, which were covered in paint and who knows what, from working in the apartment today. I knew by that look she really wanted to dress up and look pretty and go on a date. After she had to leave her ex-boyfriend, Dallas, for LA, she has been depressed, and I could tell. I tell Lauren everyday she made the correct choice by coming here, but I don’t think she fully believed me. Dallas and she didn’t have a future. Yes, they were dating for two years, but Dallas went through time periods where he acted like he loved Lauren to death and would die for her, and then he couldn’t even look her in the eye, or even say a word to her. I suggested he had bipolar, or he had a serious secret he was hiding from her. But, he never told. When Lauren told him she was leaving to go 3,000 miles away, he felt dejected, and talked about killing himself. Those full two years, Lauren and him always talked about having a future in Maryland. Living a nice, calm life, going to community college, and having a family after they graduated. I always knew that wasn’t going to happen, but Lauren insisted it was. Now look at her? 3,000 miles away and having a better life than she ever would have. There was a knock on the door, and Lauren jumped up from the arm of the chair she was sitting on and winked at me (like she always did).

“Looks like Sawyer’s here,” Lauren said, looking at me, pulling me back from going to the door. “Have fun, and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.” I smiled back at my longtime best friend.

“You know you’re the best, Lauren,” I said, playfully punching her, “and I won’t do anything like that.” Lauren playfully punched me back.

“Have a great time,” Lauren said back as she pushed me to the door, and I opened it. Just in time to see Sawyer standing there, looking as hot as ever. I’ve never seen him look like this. He looked amazing. He really knows how to impress a girl.

“Hey are you ready to go?” Sawyer asked, and motioned out into the hallway.

“Ready as I’ll ever be,” I answered back smiling, and I allowed him to hold my waist, and walk me down the hallway. I heard Lauren shut the door. I almost felt bad, again, I knew she wanted to dress up and go somewhere, but I think Joey still had his eyes on her, and I knew it, and I think Sawyer was catching on too. “So, I can’t wait to eat at this restaurant.” Sawyer smiled at me.

“It’s really good, I think you will be impressed.”

“Oh, believe me, by the way you look, I already am impressed,” I thought I was getting to be a little bit too cheeky, but decided it might be alright for tonight. We stepped into the lobby and walked in the direction of Victoria, (Sawyer’s car) and opened the door for me, while I snapped my seatbelt. I will admit this was a little bit awkward. I had had a crush on Sawyer since I was twelve, and I couldn’t believe this was happening. Me, out of thousands of girls. He drove the car out of the parking lot, and as we drove the restaurant we talked about how we could get my channel more subscribers, and how to make my videos, overall, better. When we got to the restaurant, Sawyer opened the door for me againJ. I had a feeling tonight would be great.

*A little while later*

Sawyer and I were driving in the car, back to the apartment building. “I really had a great night thank you for everything,” I said smiling at him in the driver’s seat.

“No, thank you, really,” he said, exchanging the smile, “it really was a treat, you really are great, Lauren is lucky to have you.”

“Aw, thank you that means a lot,” I said, grinning ear to ear, like I was an idiot.

“But… I guess Lauren is going to have to share,” Sawyer said, grinning at her, mysteriously.

“What?” Morgan asked, confused.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” Sawyer asked, looking at Morgan as they parked in the parking space.

“Sawyer, don’t you think this is a little fast?” I asked, looking at him dead in the eye, really wanting to say yes!

“For any other girl I would think it was really fast, but when I see a girl I really like, and I see a future with… you have to pounce on the opportunity,” he said it, and he was really confident.

“Then I guess I have no choice but to say yes,” I said smiling back at him.

As he walked to my room, and unfortunately it was time to go, I gave him a warm hug, and he kissed me on my forehead, like he did the night before. But, on this night, it actually meant one thousand times more.