Chapter 39

~Morgan's POV~

My alarm clock sounded at eight, and I sat up in bed, and rubbed my eyes of blurry vision. I sit in silence for a couple minutes, embracing the heat my legs have under the covers. "Is that damn alarm clock off yet?" Sawyer asked, groggily.

"It's been off for like, five minutes now." I said giggling.

"Then why do I hear ringing?" He asked again, shielding his head from the light as I opened the curtains.

"It's called a hangover," I snapped, getting out of bed, and attacking my drawers for something nice to wear to Palm Springs.

"Sassy." Sawyer said, chuckling to himself and he got out of bed hugging me from behind. I grabbed my clothes and walked out of his grasp. I took off my pants and shirt and then put on my bra, shirt and pants. Sawyer sat back on the bed, and watched me brush my teeth and put a high ponytail in my hair. I grabbed my duffel bag, and kissed him goodbye on the bed. He grabbed my back and pulled me onto the bed. "Do you have to leave?" He pouted, pulling a puppy dog face. I nodded and smiled back at him, pushing myself off of them. He kissed my forehead. "Promise me you'll stay safe?" He asked me and hugged me.

"Of course," I said kissing him one last time, and then walking out the door. It was 8:50 and Lauren was probably almost ready. I walked out of our apartment, feeling bad for leaving Sawyer but needing some time away. I walked down the hall, and saw Lauren standing there ready for me.

"Ready?" She asked, smiling at me, "the house is all ready for us." I smiled back at her and nodded excitedly. I showed her my keys and we walked out of the apartment building. I found my car and slid inside, Lauren sitting in the passenger seat. I started my car, and we began the journey to Palm Springs. Over the course of the next three and a half hours, we stayed on twitter and talked about stuff. "So how's Sawyer and you doing?" She asked me as I payed attention to the road.

"Fine now, I guess," I said, giggling nervously. Were we fine? Sawyer was more horny and frisky ever since both of us "needed time." Maybe he was just acting different so I would stay? Did sawyer think... I was going to leave him?

"Uh oh." I hear Lauren say next to me, bearing her teeth.

"What?" I ask her, laughing at the funny expression on her face, and she smiled back at me.

"I know that look... Somebody is thinking about something special." She said giddily, and laughed. "Tell me."

"I need to call sawyer when we get to the house, is there good cell service in Palm Springs?" I ask, I knew the town had pretty much nobody around, except for rich people coming for a getaway out of the Los Angeles traffic and heat.

"Not good, but... Okay. Why what's going on? We only have twenty more minutes until we are there." She scoffed and paid attention to the map displayed on her iphone.

"Um, I have to call Sawyer first. But then I can tell you." She groaned of anticipation, but then went back to her map. For the next twenty minutes, Lauren directed me to where I needed to go. Finally, we arrived at the cute house, which was located in the deserts of Palm Springs. Palm trees and vegetation were scarce, but could be found. The house was illuminated with light, as the rising sun hit it at a perfect angle. The bronzey-type house was made of stone, that was bronze of course, and the long, winding stone driveway lead up to the beautiful masterpiece. "Holy shit, this place is amazing." I said, driving the car up the driveway and parking it. A man and woman dressed in similar black and white outfits, Just in different styles stood in front of the door.

"Hi, I'm Madeline," the woman said, smiling at Lauren and I.

"Samuel Bowlen." The man said in a thick British accent, which resembled his perfectly wrinkled face, his pierced blue eyes that were graying, and a silver colored mustache stretched upon his face. The lady was younger, her brown hair pinned in a bun, that was perfectly tied, not a hair sticking out. Her face was youthful, and she had to be in her twenties. I shook both of their hands and we greeted each other. "Lauren, all the rooms are ready for your accommodations. With only the four of us, things might get lonely, especially in vacant Palm Springs. Anymore friends coming?" Lauren glanced at me, smiling.

"You can invite sawyer if you want to," she said to me.

I shook my head laughing, "no way, this is our vacation. Besides, I need a little time away from the drama. I love sawyer, though." I said quickly, hoping she didn't get the wrong idea. She laughed and lead me inside. The house was even bigger in the inside than it was on the outside. Lauren walked down the dark hallway, turning the lights on, and walking down another corridor, showing me all the rooms on the way. She showed me my room, which was a baby purple. Lauren told me she was going to unpack in her room, which was across the hall. I unpacked my suitcase, folding my clothes, and placing them carefully I'm the drawers. Lauren told me she was going to take a nap, but we could go to the beach later. I closed my bedroom door, and grabbed my phone from my backpack. I unlocked my phone, and clicked on the phone app. I had a missed call from sawyer thirty minutes ago. I called him, and within a couple rings, sawyer answered.

"Hey, babe." He said, in his gorgeous raspy voice.

"Hey," I said back, sighing as I sat on the bed. "Sawyer was the reason that you keep trying to hit on me and stuff is because you are afraid of losing me?" There were a couple minutes of silence, and he didn't speak at all. "Are you still there?" I asked slowly.

"Yeah. Yes, I'm afraid of losing you, I feel like you are bored and tired of me, don't you want something better?"

"You're great, why would I want anything else?" I asked, giggling at his complete ignorance.

"Are you sure?" He asked me again, and I rolled my eyes. What the hell was he signifying? That we break up? Get married? He wanted a change what did he want?

"If you want a change, what are you saying?" I asked him, starting to get annoyed, "are you saying we should break up what?" I snapped at him, and I could tell there was a silence on the phone.

"No, not break up."

"What do you mean?" I snapped louder this time, hoping Lauren didn't hear me. Here was a pause on the phone, and Sawyer wasn't talking to me. He sighed on the other side, I was so confused. What did he want from me?

"Marry me."