Chapter 52

•Sawyer's POV•

Morgan and Lauren had been gone for a while now, and I was starting to worry. Morgan wasn't answering, and neither was Lauren who I rarely texted. I hadn't even been talking to Joey lately, after what I heard tonight... I didn't know where that would leave our friendship. Friendship. Was it even that anymore? It was 11:30 now, and there was no sign of either of the girls. I called Morgan for the eleventh time, but it went straight to voicemail. I heard the front door open, a couple moments later, and I ran down the stairs. Morgan and Lauren set the pizza box on the counter and by then I wasn't even hungry. I brought her into a huge hug and picked her up off he ground, being careful not to crush her bulging stomach. Almost eight months, and all was perfect.. the baby was coming this time. "What the fuck took you guys so long, I was so worried!" Morgan smiled as I set her down. Lauren removed her Ugg boots and Morgan took off her grey combat boots.

"Don't worry, Sawyer, I brought her back in one piece so you can have sex with her all you want." Lauren scoffed and rolled her eyes, grabbing the paper plates from the cabinet, and opening the pizza box. The aurora of grease and pepperoni wafted around the room, but I wasn't hungry anymore.

"What took you so long? Did you see somebody?" I persisted, something had happened there. No matter how much they insisted they were fine, something had them a little shaken.

"Nobody." Morgan answered, placing two pieces of pizza on her plate and sitting on the bar stool, and taking a big bite of her pizza. I took a slice and stood next to her.

"Was it Dallas?" I asked, slowly, and looking into her eyes. She looked at me, sternly back, but I saw her face fall a little bit. I decided against it.

"Look, Sawyer, I brought your girlfriend and your baby back in one piece; I thought I would get a thanks not a questioning." Lauren scoffed and laughed, she was joking but I muttered "sorry" under my breath. After we ate a few slices, there were two left and nobody wanted anymore.

"Maybe you should bring it to Joey." Morgan said to me raising her eyebrows. I wanted everyone to accept Joey again, so I put the pieces on a plate and left the apartment and walked down the hall. I wondered whether I should knock or just go in. The awkward parts of not living in the same place anymore with your best friends. I still hadn't believed I proposed tonight like what the hell? I just walked in and the sudden stench of alcohol hit my nose. I spat and gagged a little bit and I saw Joey in front of me. Bags in his hand, and everything packed away and lights turned off. Everything was packed in boxes.

"What are you doing?" I asked him widening my eyes.

"Sawyer, I'm going back to Boston. For good."

||wh-wh-wh-wh-what now?!||