Chapter 57

•Sawyer's POV•

Morgan was finally 8 months and three weeks pregnant and our wedding was in two weeks. I couldn't wait. Either the baby was going to be born before the wedding or after. Our expectancy from the doctor was anytime from next week to three weeks, but she said the baby was probably going to be a little late. I wanted Joey to be at the wedding, he was still my best friend, and I knew Morgan still loved him, but he obviously didn't feel the same about Lauren. I felt like calling him, even though he told me to never call him again. Lauren had moved back into the other pastry and I felt horrible. She had to live in the same apartment that gave her happiness from Joey, but that was just... taken away. There was so much to do, the least of my worries was to invite my old roommate who left me and my friends. Or should it be? I had to rent my tux, Morgan's dress had already been ordered, but a nine month pregnant woman might have a few size problems. Morgan and I were doing fine so far, at least that I knew of since the "accusation" scene. The door opened and Morgan hauled a huge box into the living room. "The dress is here!" She sang and danced in place. I loved when she aged like a geek. After taking off her shoes she ran with the box upstairs leaving me laughing. I turned on my phone and clicked on the green phone app. I typed in Joeys name and saw his picture... I did miss him... a ton. I clicked on his name without even thinking and the phone rang several times. I didn't think he was going to pick up and almost gave up hope.

"Sawyer?" I heard the sassy, yet somewhat manly high-pitched voice and almost broke down in tears. I needed Joey, not like that, but to be there as one of my best friends. "Hey, Sawyer, haven't talked to you in weeks." I swallowed hard.

"I know, but I have to make an important call. Morgan and I are getting married and I want my best friend to be my Best Man. What'd do you say?" I asked him, biting my lip.

"Sawyer we aren't exactly best friends anymore. But..." He sighed on the other end. "When's the wedding?"

"Two weeks."

"Kinda short notice," he scoffed, "but I think I can make it to LA by then and rent a tux... Congrats."

"Joey, thank you so much, I couldn't ask for a better friend."

"I hope you just don't think I'm going to be moving back to LA, or getting back together with Lauren. I've moved on. From everything. MIT is where I belong." This time it was my time to scoff.

"Fine, I'll send you more details. Bye." I said trying to stifle my laugh.

"Goodbye, Sawyer." So formal...unusual. Maybe Joey had really changed? MIT is where he belonged? Since when? A couple months ago? Morgan ran back downstairs in her normal clothes.

"Yay! The dress fits perfectly!" She squealed and hugged me. I smiled and laughed. "Now you have to go rent your tux, bye." She pushed me towards the door while I was laughing.

"Now?" I whined and made a puppy dog face in her direction. She scoffed and laughed.

"Not gonna work on me. Now go!" I put on my high tops and leather jacket kissing her goodbye and walking out of the door. Pushy, pushy.

|| I have the rest of the book written out. Oh no. Talking about a sequel will be discussed at the end. Maybe I'll do a double update now... if you guys want me too...||