Chapter 11

I woke up on Sawyer's counter, my hair in a big tangly mess, and his arms around me. It was freezing in his apartment, and I fell out of the swivel chair I was in. Sawyer still didn't wake up, but that sure woke up Hitch, who became licking my face. I then remembered what happened last night. Joey, Lauren and Shane had disappeared. I put Hitch on his leash and walked him down to my apartment. I opened the door, and walked to Lauren's room. The door was open and the bed was made-it was left just like it was last night. I grunted and looked at my text messages. I had 23. I quickly went through them all from Lauren, Joey and Shane.

Lauren: something horrible has happened. please call me when you get this.

I had several missed calls. What happened?! All the text messages from them just say something horrible happened- but what? I picked up Hitch and walked into the hallway. I called Lauren. No answer. I almost threw my phone against the wall, but decided against it, people were still sleeping. My phone tweeted. A message from Joey.

Joey: Morgan meet us at the Anaheim hospital. Please come.

I called joey as fast as I could. Hitch was getting angry at me rocking him back and forth and hyperventilating.

"Joey?!" I whisper-yelled, He had picked up the phone. Success!

"Morgan! Come to the hospital immediately."

"What the fu-"

"Hey watch the language, girlie."

"Sorry. What the fudge happened?"

"Just come. Now."

He hung up the phone. How dare he hang up on me! I raced down to Sawyers apartment, and ran through the door, loudly. "Sawyer!" He sprang out of the chair, falling to the wood floor. Hitch barked at the excitement. I put the little guy on the floor, and grabbed Sawyer off the floor. "I don't have time to put my makeup on, and I'm going crazy. But we need to go now. Put some clothes on and hurry up. I'm giving you 5 minutes."

"What the hell?"

"Go." I said it so sternly Sawyer knew I wasn't playing. He raced up the steps and I waited downstairs, checking twitter for any recent updates. I was just doing this to pass time, and not wonder what the hell is going on. Sawyer came down the steps in a new white tee and jeans. He grabbed his car keys and we left Hitch all to himself.

"I like a girl that can take control." Sawyer tried to kiss me in the elevator, but I pushed him away, something I swore I would never do. But, this was no time for paying attention to stupid little swears. "What is going on?"

"You know as much as I do. I only know Joey, Lauren and Shane are in the hospital. Anaheim. Let's go!" The elevator doors opened, and I paraded into the car garage, sawyer grabbing a muffin for the ride. How could he eat at a time like this? I felt like I was about to lose the food I ate last night. Sawyer turned on his car, and we jumped in the car, driving out of the garage. The whole ride (which wasn't that long) I stared out the window at the passing cars, breathing in and out. I trie to calm myself down, but no matter how many times Sawyer put his arm around me when he could, I couldn't calm down. Finally, after what felt like days, I slammed the car door, and ran into the hospital to the main desk.

"Morgan, wait up!" Sawyer yelled to me, locking his car, and running up to me. No one was at the front desk, I rang the bell on the desk over and over and over. The lady having half of a sandwish in her mouth, rolled her eyes when she saw me almost in hysterics. She tried to talk with her sandwich in her mouth, but only muffled sounds.

"Excuse me?" I asked irritably, "yank that BLT from your mouth and I need answers." I demanded, in an agressive tone.

"Morgan--" Sawyer said, warning her she was being rude. He put his hand on my shoulder and I slid it off.

"Who are you hear to see Miss?" she asked me, taking the sandwich out of her mouth.

"Um, Lauren Johanson?" I asked, as she searched on the computer.

"Ah, yes. Room 671 right next t Mr. Dawson. Would you like me to-" I didn't hear th other stuff she had to say, I was alread running towards the elevator. Sawyer was yelling my name, and just made it into the elevator with me. I kept pressing the elevator button over and over until my fingers turned completely white. Sawyer grabbed my shoulders, and looked me in the eye.

"You need to calm down. She is okay," Sawyer said calmly.

"Well, what if she isnt?! Then what?!" I yelled, I knew my tone was a little harsh, and I didn't mean to snap.

"Look, I know what you are going through. I had a friend that went through an injury like this and I was terrified. Couldn't eat couldn't sleep. But, I prayed and I believed he was going to be okay. You have to believe, okay? Can you do that for me?"  I nodded and hugged him, he kissed me on my forehead like he always did.

"I love you." he whispered in my ear. I nodded and I meant it too. "Everything is going to be okay." I nodded again. "Damn, this is a long elevator ride." I laughed, I kissed him on his forehead, and made him wrap his arms around me again. "You never do that," He said looking at me in the eyes.

"Maybe it's time to change." I said, and he smiled at me. The elevator doors opened. I saw Joey sittin gon the bench between two rooms. I sighed, and looked at Sawyer, scared of what was going to happen. He smiled to me of reassurance, and took my hand. He entertwined his fingers in mine. He kissed my hand.

"You aren't alone." The only thing I smiled back before, I knew change was coming.