Chapter 28

•Shane's POV•

I was so glad everyone was friends again and Lauren and I weren't having this "fling" anymore. Joey and her were great together, and that's all that mattered. Besides, Lisa and I were starting to talk again and I think she wanted me back home. Tonight we were meeting at Olive Garden to "talk." I was in my room, thinking about how Sawyer and Joey would feel when I moved out. So much how Joey would feel, since Sawyer didn't really live here anymore, he had a baby to take care of. There was a knock on my door and Joey walked in, closing the door behind him. "Hey boyfriend," I said, waving and smiling seductively. He giggled in his cute ways, and sat down next to me.

"What's up? You've been acting different." He said looking at me. I tried to pretend I found interest in my iMac computer, I didn't want to tell him I was thinking about leaving.

"Nothing." I said trying to bring my voice an octave higher.

"Do you like Lauren again?" He asked me innocently. Lauren?!

"What?! No! It's not that." That seemed a little too harsh, since Joey looked like he was taken aback. "I mean Lauren's not ugly, but it's not about that." Joey looked relieved, and he put on a pouting face, begging me to tell him.

"Tell me! Please?" He whined.

"Girl, please, quit yo begging!" I said in my ghetto voice, and Joey laughed at me, "but seriously, i can't, I don't want you to know yet."

"You can't just tell me this and just expect me to wait until you are ready to tell me," he said back to me, rolling his blue eyes.

"You just have to wait until I get back later tonight, then I promise I can tell you." He rolled his eyes again and looked the other way, grinding his teeth.

"Fine."

I smiled and slipped my jacket on, and left him in my room alone. I ran down the stairs and saw Lauren watching tv. "Bye, Lauren." I said to her and she turned around and smiled and waved back. I walked out the door, and down the elevator to my car. The whole car ride there was long, but it gave me a lot of time to think about what was going on. Lisa texted me saying she was inside. I parked my car, and walked inside, telling the waitress where I was going to be seated. She smiled at me, and sat me at the table. Lisa smiled at me and we exchanged "hi". "Look, Shane I'm not going to dawdle."

"Dawdle?"

"New word from Shanna. Look, I want you to come home with me, I have missed you more than anything and Corny doesn't like us apart. I'm still in love with you, and I hope you feel the same way. Can you come home?" The image of how Joey would feel, with such a sad face, gave me a horrible feeling, but he had Lauren. But he still wanted his best friend around.

"Yeah, I'll come home." I said and smiled at her, "but just for that I am leaving I hate Olive Garden. Can I see you tomorrow?" She nodded her head and kissed me, and waved me goodbye. Maybe that had gone way better than I thought. I waved the waitress goodbye and stepped into my car, driving out of the parking lot. A few blocks down, I was back at the apartment building and I rode the elevator up to our floor. I walked into our apartment and took out the keys and opened the door. I opened it quietly, not to make any noise since the TV was down low and it was quiet. I heard Joey whispering.

"I think Shane is hiding something big from me, but I don't know what."'I could hear what Joey was whispering from around the corner to Lauren. "I swear if he says he is moving out I will never talk to him again." My stomach felt like it went into my mouth. What? Joey would be upset. Oh, no.

"Joey, Shane wouldn't do that," I heard Lauren say. Well this would be fun.