Chapter 37

~Lauren's POV~

Joey's face fell and he groaned in agony, then he looked like he was about to... cry? He was on the phone with somebody, obviously a bearer of bad news. I was about to head over to Morgan and sawyers apartment, and hang out, but maybe I should stay and hear Joey's news. It was weird not living in the other apartment anymore, at least some nights I did anyway, most school nights. My mother had been texting me, worried how I had moved in with Joey so early when we had only been dating a few months. Morgan's mom had been texting me too, asking me how Morgan and the baby were, complaining how Morgan could never talk and never answered her phone. Morgan was so excited to leave Maryland when we graduated she probably blocked her parents phone numbers, and erased her childhood from her brain. "Okay, bye." Joey hung up the phone, and brushed a piece of my blonde hair behind my ears. I waited for him to tell me, but he just sat there, looking me in my eyes.

"Okay, this is creepy, who called you and what is wrong?" I snapped a little bit too harshly. Joey giggled, then his face fell into sadness again.

"It was sawyer..." He began, "they are at the hospital. Morgan lost the baby." I gasped, and shook my head. No, no, no. This wasn't right, this was a joke. Joey was just playing a joke. I was looking so forward to taking care of a little baby.

"We have to go to the hospital now!" I yelled, jumping off the couch and grabbing my phone and keys.

"Lauren." Joey said, but I didn't listen, I had to go to the hospital immediately. "Lauren." Joey repeated, I shut off my MacBook, and grabbed the house keys. Joey stood up from the couch and grabbed my shoulders. "Lauren." He half boomed, half said in his girly voice. "Sawyer said stay here, they will be back in a few hours. We are just gonna stay here and wait."

"Wait? Fuck that. Let's go."

"Lauren, it's a Saturday night, LA traffic is crazy this evening. By he time we even get to the hospital, Morgan and Sawyer are already going to be back here. You know I'm right." I did know Joey was right, but I felt lightheaded, dizzy and in a dream at the same time. I couldn't believe this was happening. I didn't drink, and never have, but maybe this was what it was like to feel drunk. I set my keys and phone down on the counter and walked around Joey, plopping on the couch.

"Alright. If we are staying here for an hour..." I smiled deviously at him, "make up with Shane." Joey rolled his eyes, and tried to focus on the TV, instead of me, and I could tell he wanted to make up with Shane. They both missed each other terribly.

"I want to, I really do, but I'm not ready yet." Joey shrugged and then put his attention back on the TV.

"When are you going to be ready?" I asked slowly, I didn't want to get him all worked up with my questions, but I needed to know more.

"I don't know. Why do you keep asking me all these questions?"

"I just want you guys to fucking make up already. C'mon." I grabbed his phone, before he could, and called Shane. He tried to get on top of me and take his phone, but I held him back and outstretched my arm all the way behind me.

"Joey?" Shane asked on the phone.

"Shane!" Joey yelled still trying to grab the phone, which was way out of her reach.

"Hi." Shane said back, slowly. 'Invite him over.' I mouthed to him and he sighed, mouthing, 'I hate you.' And laughed.

"Shane, can you come over?" Joey asked into the phone, as Lauren brought it cautiously closer to him, but knowing that he couldn't be trusted.

"Sure. I'll be there in thirty minutes depending on the damn traffic." This made Joey giggle a little bit, and a smile spread across my face. I could tell one spread across Shane's face too. After hanging up the phone, and giving it back to Joey I couldn't keep grinning at him.