Chapter 42

•Joey's POV•

"Your trip was good?" I was trying to change the subject from sawyer, but today it felt like that was the only thing Lauren was talking about.

"Yeah, but Joey you just made up with Shane, and now you have a fight with sawyer? Can't you just keep one friend?" Lauren asked me, throwing my clothes from my suitcase and back into my drawers. I rolled my eyes at Lauren, who was throwing her clothes into the drawers faster now, which was making it messier. My face fell, and Lauren saw it and shook her head. "Look, I didn't mean to snap." She said, shaking her head and sitting on the bed.

"I have you don't I?" I said trying to smile, hoping she forgot abut the whole "my guy friends mean more than you" speech. She laughed sarcastically and threw her head back in utter laughter. "What's so funny?" I asked her, crinkling my brown brows at her unusual behavior.

"You didn't think I forgot about the whole speech you told me about how your guy friends mean more to you than me?" Darn it, she did remember. Well there goes that hope. My small smirk faded and she placed her soft hand on my thigh. "But, I don't mind. I know your friends are always for important than your significant other." I shook my head at her.

"Maybe I'm done with guy friends, there's too much drama," I said and she laughed at this which made the smile reappear on my face.

"That's normally what people say about girls." Lauren said, laughing and taking her hair out of her ponytail.

"You know you're beautiful, right?" I asked her, grabbing a strand of her brown blonde hair and tucking it softly behind her ears. She giggled and smiled at me, out lips connecting for a second. "Can I ask you a question?" She nodded and blushed after I released her strand of hair.

"Can we finally sleepily in the same bed? We live together now, and I think maybe..." I drifted off her facial expression had fallen. She shrugged and kept quiet.

"You know I believe in abstinence." She said, slowly. I nodded and stood up from the bed my back facing her.

"It's just... we haven't even made out yet, we barely kiss, we only hug and hold hands and hang out with friends... we haven't had sex, well of course not, I wouldn't ask that from you." I added quickly, after seeing her eyes widen, and her cheeks turn a bright pink. "All I'm asking is that we get a little bit closer. I see Morgan and sawyer all... close... and sexual and stuff and we are like the middle school couple that only hug and text. I'm not asking for us to be like Morgan and sawyer, I know you and Morgan don't have the same beliefs but... just a..." I was cut off by Lauren jumping off the bed and smashing her lips hard against mine. She pushed me against the wall, and this was the first time ever a girl had taken control over a relationship with me. It was different... but a nice different. She shoved her soft tongue into my mouth and our tongues danced together. This was the best I had felt in years.

|| hope you liked the chap! Thinking about making a Chandler Riggs fanfic I'll let you know if I do!||