Until I Met You- Chapter Forty Seven

"Hmmm... I don't know. Do you think Jeremy would like the peaches?" Eddie asked as he held up the jar of baby food to Chris. Eddie held Jeremy on his hip, while Chris pushed the cart.

"I don't know. We can try it." Chris said, putting the jar of baby food in the cart. Jeremy kicked his legs as if he was telling Eddie to keep on moving.

"Chris?"

"Yeah, baby?"

"I love you." Eddie said. Chris's heart melted in his chest. He pressed his lips against Eddie's, giving him a quick kiss.

"I love you, too, baby. Now, what else do we need?"

Eddie looked down at the paper he held in his hand. It was a small list of things they needed for Jeremy.

"Shampoo, and then we can leave." Eddie told him. They looked over the aisle for some baby shampoo.

"Chris, hi," A voice behind the two of them caused them to look back. There stood Stone, and Chris immediately wanted to get out of there.

"Oh, hi." Chris greeted. He faked a smile toward him.

"Whose this? This... is your husband? And your baby?" Stone guessed as his eyes looked over Eddie and Jeremy. Eddie could see a tint of sadness in his eyes.

"Yeah. This is Eddie, and that's Jeremy." Chris told him. Stone smiled at Eddie.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Eddie. I'm Stone." He said. Eddie returned the smile.

"Yeah, you too."

"Wow, he's really beautiful." Stone said, rubbing his hand softly through Jeremy's hair. Jeremy chewed on his little fist, and Stone chuckled at his cuteness.

"Yeah, well, we really need to be going, right, Eddie?" Chris rushed. He took Eddie's free hand and laced their fingers together. He was just afraid Stone would tell him of the past. Of how he abused him. And he couldn't let Eddie find out about that.

"Well-"

"Yeah, I should be going too. I just saw you, and I wanted to see how you all were doing." Stone said.

"We're great, so I guess we'll see you around." Chris said. Stone nodded his head, and he went on his way.

"Well, that was rude of you." Eddie scolded. "Who was he anyway?"

"Just an old friend. We never talk much anymore."

"He seemed nice."

Chris shrugged. "He's alright. Anyway, ready to go now?"

Eddie threw a bottle of baby shampoo in the cart, and they were ready to go.

* * *

The three of them sat in the bathtub. On one side, it was Chris, on the other was Eddie, and Jeremy was in the middle of them. The tub was filled with warm water, bubbles, and Jeremy was having the best time of his life.

"My sweet little baby boy." Eddie mumbled against Jeremy's head before he gave him a kiss. Jeremy giggled and squished at a handful of bubbles.

"You two are my world." Chris said. Eddie smiled and pecked him on the lips. Chris chuckled and began to spike up Jeremy's wet hair.

"We should probably get out now. Jeremy looks a bit sleepy." Eddie said. Chris nodded in agreement.

After the three of them were dried and dressed, they sat in the baby room, and Eddie fed Jeremy his bottle as he slowly rocked him to sleep. Chris softly sang a song, and all Jeremy's attention was on his voice.