Chapter 60: Substitutes and Smoke

Jess stumbled backward as she gasped at the sight of Bacchus body. "I'll call an ambulance." The hotel helper says and rushes out of the room. When they close the door, Jess hears static.
It's deafening, so she places her hands over hear ears. 

"Ḵ̤͈̻͙̖i̳̩͉͔̲̞̣̒ḷ̠̞̦ͭ͛͒̒̐ͤ͂l̫̹̆ ẗ͈̱̯͇͍̖́ͭͣh̜̮͕e͆ͬ͒ ̖̙̝̲͙̼̹ͥͤ̌ͩb̘̭̃͒ṛ͍̪͙̹͍̆̾̑õ̰͙͎͚̣̻t̮̫̬̝̞̳̘ͥ̓͐̏̎h̹̤͉͚ͮ͆̍e̱ͨ̓̉̉͑ͥr̆ŝ̪̤͙̺" the static says. Are others in the hotel not hearing this? Jess thinks right before she sees a black substance dripping from Bacchus' mouth. "What..?" She whimpers and gets ready to open the door and run. Bacchus stands up, eyes completely black and rushes towards her in a demonic speed. "B̲̞̳e m͙̖ͅy̫̼͖͉̦ s̙u̹̱bs̖̞̖͚t̬̙͈̖͕̳̲i̬̯̙̯̬t̼̳u̪͔̯̫t͙͙̪͓̖̻e̦̱͙̗̹͉" He says and grabs her throat, choking her.

"You c-could ask n-nicely." She grins and attempts to punch him in his face, but her fist doesn't hit him, instead it stays floating in the air. "I̤̥̗̗̠̬ w͉̪̫͎i̯̻̠̱̯̮̥l̙̺̗̝̠l̗͚ k̼̣̠̘i̞̬͍̭͉͉͔l͉̭͔͇̤̤̝l̬͔̥͉̫̫ yo̼̖͍u͖͓̲͖͍͙̙r͉̗̹͖̘͚ p̙̳r̪͚e̟̦̟c̯͙̯io̰̰͉͍͙͔u̯̤̞s̼̞̫̱ fr͕̺̤̣̖̬ie̞͎͙̳͚̜̟n̬d i̞f̳̣̠̪̪̱ y͔o͙͈͇u͕̝ d̪̲̜̟̞̥o̜̺͉n'̺̪͎͙t͖ giv̰̳̦e̥͉͇̥̼̮ͅ in̻̺͚̰ͅͅ.͉̩̭̟̘̭" The static voice sisses again. Jess opens her mouth to talk, but because Bacchus is choking her, she can't speak. Instead, she feels Gasters spirit possessing her.

[ Alex' POV ]

"I'm worried about her, what is she doing?" I ask the group while laying on my bed. "Well she rushed out of the building after that  we told her about G-Gaster." Alphys notes. This made me sit straight up. It's so obvious. "do you think.." Sans looks at me and gasps as I slowly nod. "fuck." He sweats and gets up. Sans runs towards the door of the truck. "Wait! I want to go with you." I say and stand up as well. "haha don't think so love. you should stay put and protect papyrus. imma handle this." Sans says while opening the door. I run towards him and give him a quick kiss. "Be fucking careful alright?" I say and smile at him. 

It has been two days. They haven't come back. I'm laying on the couch, with a blanket wrapped around me tightly. Papyrus made me some hot chocolate to help me calm down, but you could clearly see the tears he was repressing. "They are going to b-be all right." Alphys says and sits next to me. She pats my back and places her laptop on my legs. "S-Something to distract you from r-reality. I used to watch a lot of anime. W-Well I still do, but not as m-much." She stutters and plays some anime. "Not in the mood. I'm sorry." I say and turn around. I feel so empty without my best friend and boyfriend. What if they don't come back?

It has been six days already. Are they even alive? I'm watching the stars, wondering if they are watching them too. If we're even under the same sky. I wipe my tears and make my way to the front door, until I walk into Papyrus. "Oh. I'm sorry." He says and quickly removes the glinstering tears from his face. I hug him and sob in his red, knitted sweater. "It's gonna be okay. It's going to be okay." I whisper. "It's like my b-brother is dead." Papyrus stutters and looks to the sky. "Can we go sit somewhere and talk?" He asks, takes my hand and walks over the terrain.

After we found our spot, Papyrus takes out some... Dog treats? And a lighter. What. "Just a little s-something t-to take the edge o-off." He breathes out and lits the dog treat on fire. "Never would have taken you for a druggie Pap. Does Sans know about this?" I say and get handed one. "Not exactly." He says and inhales. "Ooohh man." He breathes out and laughs. Papyrus then lits mine on fire. I hesitate. "C'mon it's goooood." Papyrus giggles. I set it to my mouth and inhale.

I literally feel nothing. I wouldn't ever think I would do drugs again after my terrible youth but here I am, smoking dog treats with a skeleton.

Oh wait now I feel it. My head goes empty, my face feels warm, legs and arms feel numb and I giggle. "Oh booooy" I laugh. "'s  good, yeah?" Papyrus erupts in another plague of giggles. This continues for a while until we are both sober again.

"Really though, what was that stuff?" I say as we walk towards the tour bus. "Can you promise me one thing? Please don't tell this to Sans. Ever." Papyrus asks me and looks at me with a sad look. "Promised. Your secrets are safe with me." I say and open the door. "How late is it anyway?" I ask. "It's five am. I'm going to get some sleep. Good night Alex." Papyrus says and walks to his room.

I  walk to the place Alphys is sleeping and tap her. She groans. "Alex it's five am." Alphys says. "I need a favor. Can you hack into the cameras on the terrain for me?"

---------

BITCHES IM BBACK

WOOWOOWOoooooo

haha I have this whole story planned out and I'm afraid its going to be 100 chapters or something fuck my life am I right hahaha

So yes I had a whole week of tests to study for and I had 6 breakdowns in 2 weeks yay

so that was fun

I'm planning to write more btw yo

BTW MY INSTAGRAM NAME CHANGED ITS NOW:  Esmeeeke.exe

okay bye

xx esmee