Chapter 54: A lot of selfies and signing on foreheads basically.

"ALEX I AM IN THE NEED OF HELP!" Papyrus shouted while spaghetti making. I look up from my tomatoes to see a papyrus with a very worried face in front of me. "What's up?" I say casually and continue cutting tomatoes. "IT'S METTATON! HE IS SICK AND SAYS HE CAN'T PERFORM!" He says and picks me up. Wait fuck what. Papyrus picks me up and holds me under his arm before running out of the kitchen.  When we reach the pink tour bus, Mettaton is laying on a bed with an ice-pack on his face. "Oh darling you are here." He smiles. Papyrus drops me on the bed gently and pats my head. "I have something to ask of you darling.." He says and dramatically coughs. "I am sick. Alphys made this potion, which allows us to switch bodies." Mettaton coughs again. Oh hell no. "Can you perform my show?" He asks.

Uhm.. what. "Ehr.." I mumble. "I don't know I think I guess I could?" I say. Okay no I regret this why did I do this. "DARLING THAT IS MAGNIFICENT!" He says and jumps up. "ALPHYS DARLING?~" He shouts. Okay so he isn't that sick at all.. "Y-Yes Mettaton?" Alphys stutters and comes running into the bedroom. "Alex is willing to take over this night's show.. Can you please fetch that potion of yours?" Mettaton says and blinks with his eyes a few times. "O-Of course Mettaton." She says and walks towards her little stash of things that had been saved from the explosion.

So basically, that is how I became a robot for one night. I blink my eyes and look at my body in the mirror. "Jesus." I say and turn around. "Darling, try posing?" Mettaton says, being in my body. He actually strikes a pose which allows the leg from my body to go all the way up to my face, shaping it in a vertical line with my other leg. Okay I didn't know that was possible.

I strike the pose as well, earning an applause from both Papyrus and Mettaton. I try some other poses, which include showing off my legs some more. Mettaton anxiously looks at my phone to check the time and clears his throat. "We have less than half an hour. Remember, if you don't remember the text, just make up something or improvise." He says and grabs my hand. "Isn't that literally the same thing?" I laugh. Mettaton laughs nervously and walks me towards the stage. "You have to get a microphone. You know how to speak in a microphone right?" He asks and glanced at me with a worried face. "Yeah no problem. I got this."

I don't got this. I walk on stage, very dramatically, and get greeted by hundreds of fans. They are all yelling and screaming and fangirling. "HELLO DARLINGS~" I say into the microphone and laugh. Okay, I have heard this concert over and over. I have learned all the songs by heart because of Jess. What can go wrong.

Everything basically. Half an hour in, I'm kind of trembling in fear while singing a happy song. Man up Alex, you are Mettaton, an overdramatic calculator with amazing legs. "HOW ARE YOU ALL ENJOYING YOURSELVES?" I shout, and get comforted by tons of people screaming. "Spots on me please." I say to the people working backstage. They look confusedly at me and turn off the lights, followed by a single white spot on me. I walk towards the edge of the stage and go sit down. I'm giving them something special tonight. Okay no that sounded wrong scratch that. I laugh to myself and then hold the microphone to my face. "Enough about me already. How about you?" I say and take a deep breath. "All the spots are always on me. How about being them on you tonight." I say and look at the backstage guys again. "Can I get a spotlight next to me please?" I ask politely.

A guy from the audio team comes walking to me with a spotlight, connects them to the stage and turns it on. I grab the spotlight and shine it on a teenager. "You for example. Would you mind to come forward?" I smile. I'm really not behaving like Mettaton. Oh well, fuck it. The teenager comes forward and I help them to sit on the edge of the stage. "What's your name?" I ask and hand a microphone to them. "I-I'm Maia." They say and sob. "Oh my god I can't believe this I just love you so much okay." They laugh trough their sobs and hug me. I pat them on the back.