Chapter 21

A/N: Before we begin, I just wanted to say a quick thank you to all of you reading my book. I love all the feed back I've been getting.
This chapter will include the truth or dare part from the last chapter in Bryan's P.O.V. and then the talk in Emily's P.O.V. hope you guys like it. Be warned there will be sappy things...

...Bryan's P.O.V...
I just got to Emily's house when someone ran into my back. It was Emily, or Harley Quinn or whatever you wanna call her right now.
"Sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." She said standing up, and not paying any attention to who she was talking to.
"No problem, Harley." She finally looked up at me.
"Puddin'!" She said jumping at me, giving me a tight hug. I let out a chuckle. We've become really great friends, so it was a normal thing except for the tingley feeling I get when she touches me. Her mom walked in seconds later.
"Did you guys do that on purpose?"
"Nope it just kinda happened." Emily said looking at our costumes. Kat chuckled and shook her head at us. Alic and Jake come downstairs a few minutes later. They wore similar outfits. Similar meaning, the outfits were from the same animé.
"Are you guys going trick or treating?" Emily was the first to speak.
"No, mom said we could stay for the party."
"Oh come on. You guys are 13 you should go out and have fun."
"Emily we appreciate your enthusiasm, but we don't want to run into any kids from school." She then smiled and nodded her head in understanding.
"Come on Mr.J, let's go get somethin' to drink." She said grabbing my hand and started pulling me off towards the kitchen. Her hand was cold compared to mine. When we entered the kitchen there was adults everywhere, they apparently started early with drinking. I grabbed a plastic cup and poured some punch in it. Emily wasn't really paying attention.
"So what are me, you, Alic and Jake supposed to do? Mason went to a different party, and Haylee is out with my sister trick or treating." I asked.
"We could play truth or dare." I gave her a funny look. "Oh come on. It'll be fun! We could take a couple bottles of fruit infused liquor and go outside." What happened to the good girl Emily that I fell for? Don't get me wrong I love this side of her just as much as the good girl side, but still.
"Sounds fun to me, would your parents notice that the alcohol is gone though?"
"No, they're already plastered. They've been drinking almost all day."
"Alright let's do this. I'll get the alcohol and sneak it under my coat. You go get your brother and his boyfriend." She nodded and we split up. I then went into the side room where I knew they kept the fruit infused alcohol. I put it into the pockets that where just barely big enough to fit the bottles. I made my way to the back door and waited. They came after a few minutes wait. We then walked outside, and to the farthest point in the yard, the adults can still see us but can't tell what we're doing. We pulled the pool chairs around to form the perfect truth or dare playing area. We then started playing, the dares were harmless and easy at first then they started escalating, that's probably because we were drinking, we stopped Alic and Jake after their third shot/swig. We've been playing for about an hour and it was Alic's turn to ask someone, he got dared to lick Jake's cheek.
"Emily, truth or dare?"
"Dare." He thought for a moment.
"I dare you to reenact the scene from Suicide Squad, where Harley is trying to confirm her love for the Joker, when she jumps into acid, and he jumps in after her. And it has to end with the kiss." Her eyes widened.
"How am I supposed to do that?"
"Oh come on you know all of Harley's lines."
"That's not what I meant. I don't have a Joker."
"Yes you do, he's sitting next you." I sat there waiting for her to do it by taking a drink of the vodka.
"Fine I'll do it, if Bryan will be my Joker."
"Fine with me." I said smirking, We stood up and made our way to the pool's diving board. I pulled my coat off so it wouldn't get wet. We then started.
"Question! Would you die for me?" I started, getting into character.
"Yes." She answered watching my every move emotionlessly. Like Harley does in the movie.
"That's too easy. Would you... would you live for me? Hmm?" Doing all the movements I could remember from the movie.
"Yes."
"Careful. Do not say this oath thoughtlessly! Desire becomes surrender. Surrender becomes power. Do you want this?" Doing all the movements I could.
"I do." I smiled an evil looking smile.
"Say it.... Say it. Say it. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty..."
"Please?"
"God, you're so good." I turned away and She then fell backwards into the 'acid/chemicals' or in this case the pool. I began to walk away, then changed my mind and jumped in after her, pulling her up. As soon as I brought her up to the surface, I kissed her, after the kiss she took a deep breath opening her eyes in the process. I then pulled her close to my body, she flung her hand up to my head, and we started kissing. It spread little shock waves of energy through my body, the shocks I've grown so used to. The water was freezing, but the kiss warmed me up. We kept kissing til we heard clapping. We pulled apart and looked up at Alic and Jake.
"You guys did that amazingly!" Alic said. We started swimming to the other side of the pool and got out. The air was cold compared to the water.
"I'm gonna go change into a different outfit. I'm freezin'." Emily said, walking up to the back door.
"I'm right behind you." I said. We then walked into the house and up the stairs, to Emily's room. As soon as we got there she closed the door. She started striping, she was beautiful. She grabbed a black bra and matching pair of panties and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind her. I pulled off my clothes except for my boxers. She walked out with her normal look minus clothes.
"Do you have dry clothes for me?" She nodded and pulled on a random oversized T-shirt. Then walked out of the room. She came back a minute later.
"Here they're Mason's I wear this set of pants all the time, they're too big for me but I still wear them." She said handing them to me. I went into the bathroom closing the door behind me. I pulled off my boxers and pulled on Mason's clothes, minus a shirt. I grabbed a wash cloth and started scrubbing my face, and chest. Trying to get rid of the white body paint. When I was done I walked out.
"We need to talk about what happened out there." I said.

...Emily's P.O.V...
"We need to talk about what happened out there." He said. I sighed and sat up.
"OK, what do you want to talk about?"
"The kiss." I nodded letting him know I understood, he carried on. "I need to know if you felt anything. We both know that we like each other, but haven't done anything about it. Emily, I really like you. When I'm near you all my worries disappear. When you're close to me, my body goes haywire. When I jumped into that water I was freezing but when I touched you, I instantly felt warm. Then the kiss thawed the coldness that was in me. I just need to know if you feel the same way." By the end of his little rant he was sitting on the other side of my bed. I stood up and started pacing, thinking of a way to word my feelings. My anxiety so high, I was close to an attack, I could feel it forming. I could feel Bryan's eye watching my every move. I sighed, and started talking.
"Bryan, when I'm near you I feel safe. When I'm so close to having an anxiety attack, and you're with me, my body or whatever knows that you're there to help, so I calm down a little. I don't know what to label the little bits of 'energy'." I used my fingers to put quotation marks. "That courses though my body when we touch, but I know it feels amazing. Yes I like you, yes it felt amazing to kiss you. I just don't want to ruin our friendship if you don't feel the same. When you said I was nothing and that I would never have a chance, it physically hurt me. The kiss I dare say was electrifying. It feels like you took all my broken pieces and put them together. Bryan, I like you and nothing can change how I feel." I said looking down at my bedroom floor as though it all of the sudden grew interesting. Next thing I know all I could see was a bare torso/chest. He put his fingers underneath my chin and lifted my head up to meet his gaze.
"That's all I need to know before I did this." I gave him a questioning look.
"What are you going to do?"
"This." He then kissed me again.
It honestly felt amazing to kiss this boy. My body was going crazy, my mind running wild, but all I could do was kiss him back. It was in that moment that I decided, I didn't just like him, I had fallen for him.