Chapter 18

...Emily's P.O.V...
We just got to the mall. My anxiety was high, just walking through the parking lot. I was holding onto Alic for dear life.
"Emily, it's OK. It'll be fine." Alic reassured me. I nodded and loosened my death grip on him. We walked in and there were so many things to do. There were stores upon stores. What was the first store I saw might you ask? Game Stop. I broke out in a run towards the store that I loved so much. I've never been to the one in the mall, but I've been to the one down street from my house. When I entered I was met with the familiar, welcoming sent. I smiled and started looking for a new game.
I browsed the store for a little while, until Alic and Bryan started whining and complaining that it was time to go. I quickly grabbed a game and jogged to the checkout. The game was Star Wars Battlefront, and though it was semi older game, I was pretty sure me and Alic would have fun playing it. I turned towards the boys.
"There. I picked one. Now stop whining like the big babies you guys are." I said. Bryan put a hand to his chest, where his heart was, pretending to be hurt by my statement. I rolled my eyes.
"You know, it hurts me when you say things like that to me Emily." I rolled my eyes.
"Ok you love birds. It's our turn." Alic said. I smacked him on the arm, and turned to the cashier, blushing hard.
"Ow!" Alic yelled, rubbing his arm. I smiled.
"Hello. How are you today." The cashier asked.
"Good, good." I answered. The cashier was a guy, maybe a year or so older than me. He had a nice build. He had short, jet black hair, and had a name tag on his t-shirt that said Evan.
"So, what's your name?" He asked.
"Emily." Even though I had my eyes set on Bryan, what was the harm in talking to other guys. I mean, it's not like we're dating or anything, plus Bryan said I could never have a chance with dating him.
"Mine's Evan."
"I know." I said stupidly. As soon as the words came out and I realized what I'd said, I slapped my forehead, trying to explain.
"I mean, I, it's on your n-nametag."
Good job Emily. Good job. I thought to myself. My anxiety grew more than it had when I first walked into the mall.
He smirked.
"Hey, your cool. Maybe you'd like to hang out sometime?" He asked.
"O-ok. Sure, I guess." And suddenly, Alic was tapping me on my shoulder.
"Hey, Emil-"
"Not now Alic."
"Bu-"
"Alic." I said.
I turned back to the cashier, to find him holding the game.
"Um, that'll be $17.50." He said.
"Ok." I said, pulling out my wallet, and paying the money.
"Hey, um, do, um, do you want my number?"
"Um," I thought about it, about Bryan, but then remembered that it wouldn't do any harm, because we weren't dating. He'd never even expressed an interest in me. "Sure." I said, handing him my phone.
"You wanna know something funny?"
"What?"
"I've never asked for someone's number before, so that's probably why I sounded so awkward before." Evan said. I giggled.
"I mean, I couldn't tell." I said.
"Here." He said, handing my phone back. "Just text me real fast, and I can make your contact." He instructed.
"OK." I said, just typing a quick hello, and hitting send.
"OK." He said. "If you ever need anything, let me know." He said.
"OK." I said. I grabbed the game, and turned around to tell the boys that we could finally leave. But Bryan wasn't there.
"Alic, where's Bryan."
"You see, that's what I was trying to tell you earlier. He just all of a sudden stormed out of the store. He didn't even tell me where he was going." Alic explained. I sighed.
"Well, let's go find him. He's our ride home." I said. We walked out the door of the store, and my anxiety almost to attack level. I reached for Alic's hand, he grabbed my hand. He had probably expected this would happen. I squoze his hand hard. I looked around, and saw Bryan leaning up against the wall, a couple feet away from the store. I walked towards him.
"What the heck! You can't just leave whenever you want! You're our ride home! I have something important to do tonight! And you don't even care!"
"I do to care! It just bothered me, OK!"
"What bothered you?!"
"You talking to him!"
"Why?" I asked.
"Because, because, I, I l-like you." He admitted.
"W-what?" I asked. I was astonished, surprised, I had no idea.
"I like you." He said again. This time more sure. I blushed.
"Do you really?"
"Yes." He said looking down while scratching the back of his neck. I walked all the way up to him and looked him in the eyes.
"I'm glad to know you feel the same towards me that I do you." I said, my anxiety calming down a little bit after being so close to him.
"Why were you flirting with that, that guy?" He said gesturing towards the Game Stop.
"Because you said I would never get a chance with you, it was you who put me down. So I thought it would be harmless, apparently not."
"Guys can we go to the next store please?" Bryan nodded and grabbed my hand we walked hand in hand to the next store which was Hot Topic, where I bought a black spaghetti strap crop top and white and black cut off shorts. The next store was Spencer's, I knew what was in this store so I stayed at the hats while my brother and Bryan walked around. I found the perfect hat but it was clear up on the top of the shelf.
"Hello." I jumped and turned around to be met by a Gothic looking girl.
"Hi, I was wondering if you could help me get that hat down?"
"That maroon Vans?" I nodded and she smiled and got a stick to pull it down. When it was down I thanked her and paid for it. I then waited for Bryan and Alic. When we left Spencer's my brother and Bryan both had a bag. I then walked into the Vans and Converse shoe store. Where I bought two new pairs of all black converse and a pair maroon colored vans.

After that we went to a few other stores Alic bought his Cologne

After that we went to a few other stores Alic bought his Cologne. We left with at least five bags from different stores. When we got back to my house it was around 4 so Alic raced upstairs and started getting ready, while me and Bryan slowly went up to my room. We put away my things and I changed into different clothes so I would look better for being the driving roll for my brothers date.