Chapter 48

...Emily's P.O.V...
Bryan took the news better then I thought he would, but then again I over think everything. I honestly thought he was going to push me away. Mason hasn't really said anything about it though. He talks to us about everything else, except for that. It worries me. I told everyone 3 days ago, and he still hasn't put his input in. If anything I need his acceptance more than anyone's. What am I doing right now? Walking home from the store, in the rain. Bryan tried to tell me that it was going to rain, I didn't listen. Mostly because it only partly cloudy when I left. The only reason why I need to go to the store is because Bryan ran out of peanut butter, and he wanted more doughnuts. He and Mason ate them all, by themselves. No one else ate had any. Mason left the house early this morning to go to work in Beverly Hills, he works for a landscape company. Seeing as though it's raining he should be coming home soon. I pulled my small cardigan closer to my body. Ever since I woke up yesterday morning I felt like something wrong was going to happen. I've been watching everyone around me closely. Hopping that nothing bad would actually happen. I had 3 more blocks until I got back to the apartment. I heard my phone start ringing in my pocket. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket. It was the hospital. My stomach dropped and my heart started to race. I answered it.
"Hello?"
"Hello, I'm looking for Emily Smith." Said the lady on the other side.
"This is her."
"OK, we have you down for an Emergency contact for a Mr.Mason Smith."
"Yes, that's correct. He's my brother."
"OK ma'am, we have your brother here with us. He came in beaten up pretty badly. He's getting taken care of now, but we would like for you to come down." I dropped the bag of things onto the ground.
"OK, me, my fiancé and our other siblings will be there shortly."
"OK, see you soon." She hung up, I grabbed the bag and ran as fast as I could to the apartment. When I got there I ran inside yelled for everyone to get out into my car, grabbed my car keys and ran back outside to the car. Alic, Jake, Haylee and Bryan were outside and in the car I started a second ago with in a minute. I then quickly pulled out and sped off to the hospital​. Bryan kept trying to calm me down, and trying to figure out why I was freaking out. I remember my dream like this, where Mason go into some kind of accident and died. I just hope to God that he doesn't die, like he did in my dream. When we finally reached the hospital, I quickly parked the car. Grabbing my phone wallet and keys and raced into the building. The first sight I was greeted with was the front desk. She gave me a funny look, probably because I was still soaked from the walk home.
"Hello, I got called in for my brother. His name is Mason Smith." She quickly typed something into her computer. Bryan, Jake, Alic and Haylee were all behind me, I could feel them watching me. Waiting for me to have a panic attack. I could feel it coming, and I knew that as soon as adrenaline rush stopped/went down, it would happen.
"OK, the doctor finished treating him and is near the I.C.U. just in case it goes bad, he's just out side the doors."
"OK well, I have no clue where that is. I've never really came to this hospital."
"OK, it on the second floor room 110."
"OK, thank you so much." She nodded and I quickly walked over to the elevator. With 3 out out the 4 people in my care fallowing closely behind me. We huddled into the elevator and I pressed the button that would take us to the second floor. I exited the elevator and started counting the room numbers. 120...119...118...117...116...115...114... 113...112...111... 110, there he is. I opened the door to his room and there was a nurse next to his bed. He was a wake and talking to her.
"Mason." I said almost in tears. I quickly walked up to his bed and hugged his. He tensed up in pain, and probably at how cold and wet I was compared to him.
"Oh sorry." Alic was the last person in the room and shut the door behind him.
"It's fine." The nurse left the room as soon as I walked in.
"What the hell happened?"
"Well I was walking back to my car from the shop, it was about two blocks away. I took the short cut I normally take, and about half way to my car I was jumped."
"By who and why?"
"Emily, I need you to calm down. If not for me for the baby." Mason said. I nodded and took deep calming breaths. When I was calmed down enough to not break down into hysterics, he started explaining.
"Do you remember Ashley?" I nodded. "Well it was her older brother and his friends that jumped me. Remember how I broke up with her a week before we left two years ago?"
"Yeah."
"Well she's been trying to get back together with me. She's been trying for 2 and a half years. I finally had enough a week ago, I told her about Angala. She flipped out on me, saying that she loved me and that I should love her back. I told her that I never loved her and to delete my number and never contact me again. Two days later she texted me. Saying 'hey baby.' I then told her to fuck off and blocked her number. So apparently she became heart broken and sent her older brother and his friends to jump me."
"Wow, crazy ass bitches man.." Bryan cut in. I glared at him. Mason chuckled softly.
"I need to talk to the doctor." Mason nodded and I left the room fallowed by Haylee. She apparently didn't want to be left with four boys. I walked over to the desk which had a couple of doctors and a few nurses.
"Excuse me." I said to one of the doctors.
"Yes, how may I help you?"
"Do you know the doctor who worked on my brother? He's in room 110."
"That'd be me. What do you want to know?"
"Well, my brother is a very closed off person so I know he won't explain what's actually wrong with him. I was just wondering what is wrong with him? I can see he's pretty bruised, but I still need to know what's wrong."
"I'm going to guess you're older and in charge of him."
"Yeah, I'm older by 3 minutes." He nodded.
"Ok." He looked down at his clip bored. "He has 4 broken ribs, the rest of his ribs are bruised. He has a slight concussion. The concussion will go away in three to four days. The ribs on the other hand will heal in a month or more, most cases like his will take 2-3 months." I sighed.
"Thank you. Is there any medications I need to get filled?"
"Yes, but I need to know if he's allergic to any medications."
"He's not, I'm the twin that got stuck with allergies to medications." He just chuckled and nodded. Writing out three perceptions.
"Ok well, these three things will help with the healing and the pain."
"Ok thank you. Oh when can he come home?"
"Tomorrow. It gives you enough time to fill those medications." I nodded and pulled Haylee, who was looking at the hot male nurses, back into the room.
"So what'd the doc say?" Bryan asked as soon as the door was closed behind me. Mason had a hopeful look on his face.
"Well with 4 broken ribs, all the rest being bruised and with a slight concussion, they want you to stay here for the night. You can come home tomorrow. Where's your things? I'll go get your car so it won't get towed." His face fell, I knew why too. He hated hospitals, he, Haylee and Alic were the ones to stay with me after one of my bad panic attacks because our parents were always gone. I smiled sadly at him.
"Yeah, they put all my things in that bag over there." He pointed to one of the chairs they have inside the room.
"OK, do you want someone to stay with you?" As soon as I said that he got a little bit happier but that disappeared.
"No I'll be fine."
"Yeah right..." Haylee scoffed. "You hate hospitals, I think everyone but Emily hates them. She doesn't remember all the hours we spent in the hospital she just remembers being in the hospital, a lot. I'll stay here with him, I would say Emily should stay here but she's pregnant and I wouldn't do that to a pregnant person." I chuckled.
"OK well that's settled. I'll let one of the, male, nurses that you'll be staying Haylee." She glared at me.
"Why a male nurse?" Mason asked.
"She was trying to flirt across the room with one of the hot ones." Byran got hurt that I called someone besides him hot.
"Hey! What about me?" I chucked at his pouting face. I grabbed his hand and Mason's car keys and pulled him out the door. Alic and Jake fallowing us. I then spotted the nurse that Haylee was attempting to flirt with from across the room. I walked up to him.
"Hello sir, I just wanted to let someone know that my sister is staying with our brother down in room 110."
"OK, we'll make her as comfortable as we can." I thanked him and pulled a still pouting Bryan to the elevator.
"Bryan you idiot. I could never think that anyone is hotter then you." I said kissing him on the cheek. He smiled. We all got into my car and drove to where Mason's car was parked and have Jake and Alic fallow us to the apartment. When we got there I took a warm shower while the three boys worked together to get dinner done. We ate and went to bed. Me and Bryan snuggling into each other, me trying to get warm.

A/N: Hello, readers! I was trying to get this chapter up before now but, life had other plans. I repainted my room and have been doing extra things around the house to get it pain off. (Because my dad paid for everything needed) And it's been kicking me in the ass. Then I got an Upper Respiratory infection, it's kinda like a really bad cold, but worse. Then school is just a pain in the ass, I'm a senior this year so I'm struggling to even show up at school. So that's my life at the moment. How are you guys? Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
XOXO~Kaimee20