{34}

"Where did you get that?" Lauren said in shock looking down at Camila's hands.

"In Paris, there's this small shop where you can design your own rings. When I found out where we were staying and it was close by I went online and made our own."of Camila explained shyly hoping Lauren wouldn't think it was to much.

Lauren then got one of the rings and ran fingers along the small bumps that where carved on there with small stars, in the middle was a moon shape crest.

"Sorry there's no diamonds on it." Camila says ashamed that she couldn't at least afford a small piece, she barely had the money for the bare ring itself.

When Lauren didn't say anything Camila became worried that she didn't like it, but then she felt those lips attached to her once again.

"Its amazing. There's nothing you can get that I'll hate"

"Is that a bet." Camila playfully smirked as their foreheads were laying against each other.

"Try me." Lauren giggled.

"When we get back to new york I have another present for you."

"Whats with all the presents lately?" Lauren didn't really know why Camila kept getting her things. Her birthday was months away so that couldn't be it.

"Just want you to be happy."

"But I don't need all this things."

"Trust me you'll need it."

Instead of saying anything else about it Lauren let that topic go.

"How long are you thinking of staying in Miami?" Lauren asked, she knew the funeral would be soon but unfortunately she won't be able to attend it.

"When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow morning, I could stay a little longer if you want me too." Lauren was dreading going back to their place alone, so she hoped the younger girl would give her a reason to stay.

"You don't have to, I know you missed alot classes already. I don't want you to fall behind because of me." Camila told her.

The truth was Camila wanted her be by her side but that would be selfish of her to ask. Who knows what will happen when Camila is all alone with no one to encourage her to be strong. She didn't expect her dad to be that supportive. He's probably gonna shut himself out.

"Someone's calling you." Lauren said taking Camila out of her thoughts.

Camila saw who it was and let out a fustrated groan.

"Hello?"

"Hi Miss Cabello, we were wondering if you could come to our office to sign some paper work."

Camila internally screamed inside her life just got more complicated.

"Im sorry, but I left to come back home for a family emergency."

Lauren was right next to her and could hear the conversation and put her hand on Camila's leg for support.

When there was silence on the other side of the phone call Camila was only thinking of the worst. Why would they want to hire her if she's wasn't there. Grace was probably gonna get called right after they hung up on her.

"Um... Miss Cabello we'll call you later."

When Camila heard the other line cut off she wanted to throw her phone off the cliff. She worked so hard and it might not even have mattered at all.

"Don't worry, don't think the worst camz." Lauren tried to ease her mind. Stuff likes this were going to get her stressed and it was gonna end badly. "Even if you don't get the job you're the best in your class, something better will come along"