(16)

The following Monday both Camila and Lauren were on their way to campus in Camila's car. It wasn't that far a drive but the New York traffic made difficult to get there on time. The weather wasn't making it any easier with the the dark clouds and the horrible wind blowing everything everywhere.

The drive had been in a comfortable silence neither of them wanting to force a conversation at this early morning. They both get each other when they don't want to say anything. Which is one of the things Lauren loves about Camila. They don't have to use words most of the time to understand what the other wants or needs. Either they just share a small smile or give another a sincere stare.

It worked out for the most part all their childhood but as they got older into adulthood they sometimes misinterpret what the other means. Now they just sometimes just end up in confusion and not end up taking it out.

It was a bad habit they have to break but it is what it is what Lauren thought for the most part.

Most people would hate rain, which Lauren did hate, but Camila actually enjoyed it from time to time. The soft music was playing in the background on the radio, setting a nice mood to go with the weather and Lauren couldn't help but sing along.

(Song- Surrender by Natalie Taylor)

"We let the waters rise
We drifted to survive
I needed you to stay
But I let you drift away
My love where are you

Whenever your ready
Whenever your ready
Can we
Can we, surrender
I surrender"

And without knowing Camila joined in as well.

"No one will win this time
I just want you back
I'm running to your side
Flying my white flag my white flag
My love where are you

Whenever your ready
Whenever your ready
Can we
Can we, surrender
I surrender
I surrender"

"What" Camila said as she caught Lauren looking at her.

"Nothing." She says with slight smirk on her face. "It's just been awhile since I heard you sing, that's all."

"Yeah it's been quite awhile." Camila said with a small smile.

"What happened?" Lauren asked.

"Hmm?"

"Growing up you liked music, you liked to sing, to play guitar." Lauren recalled. "And if I remember well a 12 year old Camila told me she was going to be the next pop star."

"I mean laur you know what happened, you where there." Camila tells her softly not wanting to relive that day over again she just focuses on the cars in front of her with both hands on the wheel.

"Camz, but that was when were in middle school. None of what those dumb kids said or did matters now."

"I don't know," Camila's says being skeptical about it. "I have a good thing going with the photography it would be a huge risk to focus on something else other than that, and it makes me just a happy as singing use to do. So can we forget about it."

"Alright, I guess as long as your sure." Lauren then drops the subject. Although her heart breaks when she first saw Camila break down back in seventh grade it was a twist in their friendship that made their bond stronger.

-

When they pulled up to the parking lot of the campus they got weird looks from people. Lauren pretty much ignored it cause all she wanted to do was get to class, but Camila somehow didn't have a good feeling about this.

They exited the car and headed to the building.

"I'll see you at lunch?" Camila asked.

"Yeah, sure."

Then they parted ways. Lauren entered her first class of the day and sat towards the back of the room. Not really wanting to be here right now, so she laid her head down till class would start. But that didn't stop her from hearing people say things.

"I always knew they had something going on."

"Surprised they're not dating yet."

"Poor Vero, wait till she finds out her girlfriend cheated on her."

Lauren raised her head up to look at the people she overheard looking back at her. Once she gaved them a hard glare they looked away like their life depended on it.

She then felt a phone vibration in her bag saying she received a text.

(Camila-7:57a.m)
We need to talk!

(Lauren-7:57a.m)
Why is everything ok?

After that Lauren didn't receive a text message after. It might not have been that important then.

Class then went on like usual other than Lauren getting dirty looks from one of who she thinks is one of Vero's friends.
After the professor dismissed them people fled out the room. The girl that was looking at Lauren then passed her and 'accidentally' poured her coffee all over her. Lauren gasped at hot drink running down her lap.

"Sorry, I'm a little clumsy." The girl said with a annoying laugh as she walked out.

Lauren quickly got out of her seat and went to the bathroom to clean herself up.

What the hell?
She thought. What was that about.

She heard her phone ringing in her backpack, but made no move to get it.

It was most likely Camila so she'll get back to her later. She got most of the stain out. She picked a good day to were all black.

When she walked out of the restroom again people were looking at her. She had the urge
to tell them off.

"Lauren I think we need to leave!" Normani frantically tells her as she ran down the hall.

"What? Why?" Now today definitely was a confusing one.

"Vero she said that..." Before Normani could finish Vero came down the hall with Camila following behind trying to hold her back for some reason.

Lauren was about to ask what was going on, but then a fist ended up colliding with her face.