Prolouge

Luke

"Guys! Guys!" I yelled frantically running down the stairs at Michael's parent's house. 

"Down here!" Calum yelled, telling me where to find him.

"Guys!" I yelled again so I had their full attention. 

"What?" Ashton asked tiredly. 

"You are never going to believe what just happened to me," I yelled.

"Can you please shut up? I don't want my mom to come down here yelling at me." Michael said. I whispered an apology.

"Anyway I was walking down the sidewalk and I heard this song." I got interrupted by Ashton.
"Yippee you heard a song!" he said sarcastically, going back to his tire state.

"As I was saying, I thought it was the radio but I kept walking; I turned the corner and bam!" I yelled, surprising them. "There were these three beautiful girls wearing stilettos." I paused because Michael stopped me. 

"How do you know what stilettos are?" he asked trying to hold back a laugh.

I looked at him, not so much as disgusted, but oddly unamused. "They're high heels. Alesha used to wear them all the time. Plus we sing about them in Out of My Limit." I said. "I listened carefully to them and noticed how good they really were. One of them was the lead singer and also the guitarist and the other two were playing instruments." I paused trying to recall what happened only minutes ago. "They stopped singing and the guitarist yelled that they were accepting requests to the huge group around them." I tried to catch my breath because my mouth was working faster than my brain.

"Before, she was singing an original called 'Dying from heartbreak' and it was really good. Then someone requested 'Move' by Little Mix." I stopped rambling, going slower. I was pretty sure that's what had happened.

"She yelled something like,  'We're going to need everyone to step back at least ten feet.' Then they started to sing 'Move' and they danced. Like, not just "dance" dance, they break danced. In heels!" I yelled. "They ended after that and said they would be back tomorrow at twelve. Then they went in my mom's store. I asked her for some information."

Ashton was more awake at this point because we were talking about girls. "Okay so since no one's asking the question, and this is taking up practice time... What did your mom say?" Calum asked.

"She said they call themselves the Artificial Colors. There are three girls named Jace, Xander, and MK. No one knows what they look like, though, because they always wear masks. MK plays the guitar and sings, Jace plays the drums," I said looking at Ashton. He perked up, "and Xander plays the piano." We all had huge grins on our faces.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" I said loudly. 

"What?" Calum asked.

"Those aren't their real names. But! Xander wears these clear stilettos with pink soles. Jace wears pink and black stilettos, and MK wears neon green stilettos." I said.

"Green stilettos?" Ashton asked. 

"That's what I said." 

"I don't believe you. I didn't even think they made green ones." He said. 

"I swear to God! She was wearing green stilettos." I retorted.

"So you done with your great news?" Michael asked. "Yeah. But can we please see them tomorrow?" I asked. 

"What time do they end?" Calum asked. 

"Uhh, about two," I said looking down at my watch. They turned around and talked so I couldn't hear them.

They finally turned back around to face me after a couple minutes. "We've decided we can go check them out before we start practice tomorrow," Calum said. 

"Yes! Thanks!" I said excitedly. 

"But!" He yelled. 

"Yeah?" I interrupted, too happy to care about the condition. 

"Only for 30 minutes." Michael finished for him.

"Okay now that that's all settled," Ashton said looking at all of us. "Can we get to practicing please?" He asked. We all nodded our heads and grabbed our instruments.