Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

-10 Years Prior-

Andy's Point of View:

"Andy, you need to get down here now!" mom called. "You're going to be late and I have to get to work!"

"Alright, I'm coming!" I called back, scrambling to get what I was looking for which was currently my iPod; there was no way I was going to school without it.

I couldn't remember where I'd left it and now I was starting to panic; mom was getting impatient and she had to go to work and I was going to be late to school if I didn't hurry up. The last thing I wanted to do today was be late, as everyone used it as an excuse to pick on me more for some reason.

"Andrew! Get down here!" mom shouted, starting to sound mad. "You're not missing another day!"

"I can't find my iPod!" I called back, really starting to feel stressed out; I really needed it.

"Just leave it; we don't have time for this today!"

"I'm not going to school without it mom!"

"Too damn bad; get down here!"

I sighed in frustration, grabbing my bag and dashing out of my room and to the front door, as that was where mom was. Mom opened the door for me, making sure I went out first; she followed, locking the door as I got in the car, already feeling the stress this morning.

Mom got in the car as I looked out the passenger's side window, far from the mood to go to school today.

"I know you're upset about not finding whatever you've lost, but you can't keep getting to school late," she said as she started the car and put her seatbelt on. "Also, I don't want to get another call from your principal saying that you've disappeared again. You need to stay at school; I know you don't like it and a few of the kids are giving you a hard time, but you can't keep running from it and coming home."

"You wouldn't get it," I mumbled, more to myself as I sadly looked out the window and we headed off to school.

Mom sighed. "I know you think that, but I do get it; you need to talk to me or dad more Andy. It's not healthy to keep your emotions inside. The therapist said you aren't really talking to her much either."

"She doesn't get it either."

Mom sighed again, changing the subject.

"So Bethany called," she began, making me roll my eyes as we stopped at a set of traffic lights. "She was thinking that maybe during break you'd like to go and stay down in California with her and your cousins. I said I'd talk to you before saying yes or no."

"No."

"Your aunt wants to see you; it's been a while since you've been down there," mom continued, choosing to ignore my remark. "I think it would be a good idea to go and stay down there for a week or so; get away from the stress here and you won't have to run into people from school for a bit."

"I don't wanna go see Aunt Bethany," I said as we finally pulled up at the school, people still going in which meant that the bell hadn't gone yet; it must've been getting close. "I'd rather stay in my room all break."

"And that's why I'm calling Bethany and telling her you'll be there in the first week of break," mom said, making me groan and slump in my seat a bit. She sighed. "Andy it won't be that bad; please just go with it for the week. It'll make you feel better, I promise."

"Doubt it," I muttered, grabbing my things and getting out of the car, making sure I slammed the door.

I didn't bother looking back as I went into school, wishing I had my music today; I had no idea where my iPod was but I really need it, as it was one of the only things that managed to help me get through the day. The bell rang as I headed straight to my first class which was luckily art; the one class besides music class that I knew I was safe in.