Chapter 49

Chapter 49:

-6 Years Later- Present -

Ashley's Point of View:

"Vic hey, c'mon in."

Vic gave me a smile as he came in; he was carrying his dog Scamp and he placed him on the floor once he was inside. I shut the door and looked to Vic.

"You ready for tomorrow?" Vic asked, a smile on his face as Scamp wandered into the living room; I knew that Crow was in there but wasn't sure about Femme.

"I don't think I'm ever gonna be ready," I said seriously, Vic shrugging. "Kinda terrified and dunno what I'm meant to expect, y'feel?"

"Yeah I feel," Vic sighed, putting his hands in his pockets.

I indicated for him to follow me as I headed into the living room, seeing Crow on the sofa, Scamp standing on the floor in front of it, excitedly watching the cat. I sat down on the sofa, Vic on one of the chairs; Scamp ran over to him, Vic happily picking him up and placing him on his lap as Crow came over to me.

"From what Matt was saying, this' easily the biggest crowd we'll have played," Vic said as Crow settled down with me, Scamp settled down with Vic. "We never really played for many people apart from the competitions in school so this' quite a step up for us."

"Don't forget me too," I laughed, Vic smiling. "I've done the same as you guys and now I've had to learn an entire setlist of songs that I didn't work on so I'm kinda freaked out here if I'm being honest."

"Ashley, you'll do fine," Vic reassured, making me shrug and look down at Crow who was dozing as usual. "Look, I know you're still really iffy about everything with this because Andy isn't up there with you, but you need to just chill and relax a bit, ok? If it makes you feel better, I'm sure Andy's always with you and this won't be any different; he would've loved to see you not give up on your dream and you getting up there now is gonna help to keep his dream alive, ok Ash? I know it's hard without your best friend, but you'll manage this. Matt believes in you, otherwise he wouldn't've asked this of you."

I nodded, Vic nodding back.

"This' just the first time I've ever done anything like this," I said, Vic nodding in understanding. "Matt's done this dozens of times over the past six years, so he knows what he's doing."

"The more you do it the easier it'll become," Vic said. "We have to be there early tomorrow, so make sure you get some sleep tonight, because I'm sure it'll be a long day and from what Brian's been saying, you don't get a lot of time to sleep when on tour."

"Honestly Vic, this' probably the biggest thing I've ever done in my entire life," I said with a bit of a laugh, Vic smiling. "And I'm fucking terrified."

"In all honesty Ashley, I am too," Vic said, making me smile back at him. "I'm freaking out on the inside, but luckily the excitement has made itself more powerful."

"Well we can freak out tomorrow together."

Vic laughed. "Sounds like a plan."

I smiled, Vic smiling back. My smile faded though as I spoke.

"Vic, did Andy ever tell you anything about what he wanted to do with his life?" I asked, Vic frowning.

"He told me he wanted to do music like Matt's doing; band and stuff," he said in return, making me nod.

"Did he ever mention what he was gonna call that band?"

The frown remained on Vic's face and I could see him thinking.