Chapter 53

Chapter 53:

"Ashley."

I looked over, seeing Brian headed my way. He came to a halt in front of me, indicating for me to follow as he began walking again, heading towards the side of the stage.

"Walk and talk," he called.

I quickly followed, both of us disappearing off to the side; I followed Brian as he went out of one of the side doors to the venue, the one I'd come through this morning.

"Where're we going?" I asked, walking alongside him as he took the back alley to avoid everyone that was waiting out the front.

"Gonna get something to eat," he said in response as we hit the main street; I had an idea of where he was going to get food. "I also needed to talk to you about something and you're not too busy so I thought now would be a good time."

I just gave a nod, following Brian as we crossed the road, heading to the exact place I'd thought we were going; the café his dad owned.

Brian opened the door and went in, not bothering to hold it open. I went in after him, the door swinging shut. His dad was working the counter today and he looked up as he saw us come in; there weren't a lot of tables left available at the moment, but it was lunch time.

"Brian," his dad said, leaning against the counter. "Thought you boys would be too busy to stop by today; what can I do for you?"

"Just hungry is all," Brian said as we stayed on the opposite side of the counter. "Was hoping you'd be able to help out with that. I mean, it's not like you own a café or anything."

His dad gave him a rather unamused look and Brian just smiled at him. His dad shook his head.

"I assume you're asking if I can get a lot of stuff together and bring it over to the venue for everyone," he stated.

"If it's not too much hassle," Brian said, putting his hands in his pockets. "I was gonna ask you this morning but you were already gone when I got up and I had to get straight over there so this' the first chance I've had to ask you about it."

"You could've just messaged me and I would've gotten it; you know I answer my phone."

"Never crossed my mind," Brian sighed. "Sorry; been a busy day."

"I don't doubt that," his dad said, making Brian shrug. "Alright, I'll give you a call when I'm on my way over so you can let me in."

"Sounds good," Brian said. He looked to me and indicated for us to head out; he looked back to his dad. "Thanks dad; you're a fucking lifesaver."

"Cut the language while you're in here; you know that," his dad scolded as we headed to the door, Brian rolling his eyes. "I'll see you in a bit, so pick up your phone."

Brian gave a nod as I went out. He followed and looked to me once we were both standing outside.

"So, wanted to have a quick chat with you about something," he said as we started walking back to the venue; it luckily wasn't that far away. "Just wanted to make sure you were ok with it, because if not, we can change it."

"Change what?"

Brian stopped once we were on the other side of the road.

"So management gave Matt a call late last night," he began, making me nod to confirm I was listening. "And there was apparently a slight issue with accommodation in a couple places, so instead of everyone having separate rooms, we've had to settle with people sharing."

I nodded again, making sure I was hearing it right.

"Ok, so what's the problem?" I asked.

"Matt was figuring it out last night, who to put with who, and he figured that you probably didn't wanna tolerate him for too long so you've been paired up with me for a few times over the next six weeks," he said. "Which includes tonight up in Boston. Just wanted to double-check with you to make sure there's not gonna be any problems with that."