Chapter 34

Chapter 34:

Ashley's Point of View:

"So you gonna tell me what Matt wanted you for today?" I asked as Corey got in the front seat, Stef off in her own world in the back.

"Nope; it's a secret and I can't tell," Corey said, making me roll my eyes as I started the car. "I'll get into trouble if I say anything; super top secret band stuff."

"Really," I stated, making Corey nod; they were still staying at my place until we heard anything more so they both left school when I left for the day. "It's so secret that it's super top secret."

"Yep."

I shook my head, not saying anything else as we headed back home; I didn't feel like hanging around here anymore for the day, so as usual I was just gonna go home and finish off some work when I got there. I was pretty sure Brian wasn't coming around today, as he hadn't said he was. He was going to stay after we got everything tomorrow, so he was probably doing something else today, most likely buying things he didn't need.

Maybe that would happen tomorrow; I was half expecting Brian to come out of this tomorrow with at least one new guitar.

It luckily wasn't too long a drive back to my house, but it was definitely quiet. Neither Corey or Stef said a word and as soon as I stopped at home and turned the car off, Corey was straight out of the car. The door would most likely be unlocked, because as far as I was aware, Juliet was home.

I sighed and got out of my car, Stef shutting the back door as I shut the driver's side; Corey had already disappeared indoors.

"You have any idea what he's not allowed to tell me?" I asked Stef as I grabbed my stuff and locked the car.

She shook her head. "He won't even tell me what it was about."

I gave a brief nod, heading to the front door; I held it open for her, Stef nodding her thanks as she went in and I followed. Juliet looked over from where she was sitting on the sofa, both Femme and Crow with her; she had the T.V. going and by the looks of it she hadn't really done much today. I didn't blame her though; she usually did a lot so it was good to see that she wasn't working herself as hard as she did some days.

"Hey," she said as I came over. "Didn't think you'd be home so early; seem to be leaving earlier lately."

I shrugged, putting my stuff down and sitting down next to her on the sofa, Femme watching me as Crow dozed as usual.

"Thought I should just finish stuff here instead for this week; not gonna stay back at work," I said, Juliet nodding, her focus back on what she'd been watching on T.V. "So're you alright?"

Juliet looked to me as Stef sat down on one of the other chairs, Corey out of sight.

"Just one of those days," Juliet sighed. "You know how it gets."

"But are you alright?" I asked again, Juliet looking to me now and no longer watching the T.V. "Because you didn't sound too good when you called earlier on; are you ok?"

Juliet sighed again, looking at me directly.

"Honestly Ashley, no," she said. "I'm not ok."

"Wanna talk to me about it?" I asked, Juliet mindlessly patting Femme who didn't mind one bit; she liked the attention. "Because I think you should."

Juliet looked back to the T.V., my first indication that she didn't want to say anything right now.

"Maybe later; not right now."