Chapter 41

Chapter 41:

Mike waved us over as we walked into the café; Vic smiled as he saw his brother, going over to the table with me in tow.

"Hey guys," Mike greeted as we both took a seat, me opposite him with Vic next to him. "I dunno about you, but I'm fucking starving man."

"Busy day?" I asked.

Mike shrugged.

"Eh, not really," he said, leaning back in his chair. "This' the first time I've been outta the house today; was just catching up on some shows and movies I needed to watch."

I smiled in amusement. "It's been a while since I've had time to sit down and watch anything."

"Always something going on?"

I nodded. "Never a dull moment around my house."

Mike smiled, shaking his head a bit before looking between me and his brother.

"So guys, what're we having for food? I'm hungry and don't really wanna wait much longer, so decide or I decide for you!"

"Y'know what Mike, you can decide for me today," I said, Mike's face lighting up.

"God, I've waited forever to hear you say it's my choice," he said, pushing his chair back and getting up. He looked to Vic. "The usual?"

Vic nodded, Mike nodding back before leaving and joining the line. Vic looked to me as he rested his arms on the table.

"He's getting excited about the tour," he said, making me nod; Mike was easily excitable. "What about you? You excited?"

"Fucking freaked if that's whatcha mean by excited," I laughed, Vic smiling.

"You'll be fine Ashley; Matt wouldn't've asked you if he didn't think you could do it."

"Yeah, well sometimes I think he has a bit too much faith in me," I said, looking down at the table. "I dunno Vic; just trying to get into the correct mindset for this and finding it really hard. Would be a lot easier if music didn't remind me so much of Andy; this' what he wann'ed to do and I'm the one doing it."

"You're helping keep his dream alive Ash," Vic said, a bit of sadness in his tone. "I know it's hard and you don't feel like you're achieving anything, but you are. This' a really big step for you; this' the first time in six years that you've pushed yourself out of your comfort zone. I know Andy would be happy that you're giving this a go; that you're pursuing it."

"Yeah I guess," I sighed, resting my head on my hand. I looked to him. "Did Andy ever tell you that he was keeping a video log of everything that happened?"

Vic frowned. "No; this' the first I'm hearing about it."

I nodded.

"By the looks of it he didn't tell anyone," I said; I had Vic's interest. "God, that reminds me that I need to go over to his parent's place before I leave."

"What for?"

I shook my head. "He left the password for the file of his logs in the back of his diary. I haven't had a look at it yet."

"You think it's a good idea to watch them?" Vic asked, the uncertainty clear as I looked to him.

"Probably not," I admitted. "But that curiosity's there, y'know? Same with his diary; I don't wanna know, but there's still a part of me that does. My only concern is that Juliet might see them if I'm not careful. The last thing I need right now is for her to see that kinda thing."

"She not doing too well?"

"Y'know how it gets," I sighed, Mike coming back over and sitting down. "She's just having one of the weeks where nothing goes right for her."