Chapter 39

Chapter 39:

"Y'know you didn't have to buy that guitar right? It's not like a rule where you have to buy one every time you leave the house."

Brian gave a shrug.

"It's sorta become that way," he sighed as we walked back to where we'd said we were gonna meet Michelle and Valary; we'd already been back to the cars and put everything in them. Brian was hoping Michelle wouldn't notice the new guitar he'd bought. "You should come 'round before we take off next week and see how many I actually have; I don't take them all on tour but I take a few."

"Maybe I'll see them one day," I said, seeing Valary and Michelle just up ahead; I needed to get home.

We stopped with them, Corey a few paces behind; Brian looked to me.

"Did you still want me to come over and help you out with the remainder of the setlist, or as much as we can get done?" he asked, making me look to him.

"I forgot that was happening today," I sighed, running my hand through my hair. "Juliet could probably use a break from people constantly being over, so I think we should maybe either not do that tonight or go elsewhere."

"Well as I've previously stated, you should come by my place," Brian said with a slight shrug.

"Aren't your parents home?" I asked sarcastically, making him roll his eyes; I saw Corey smile in amusement.

"My parents are fine," Brian said with a wave of his hand. "They're used to me having people over all the time; anyway, this' business so there won't be a problem."

I sighed, trying to decide on what to do. I really needed to get more of the setlist down, as it was literally a week away, but I didn't want to leave Matt at my place all night, as I'd told him I'd only be a few hours.

"Alright, we'll go to your place and get some more shit done," I said in defeat, Brian smiling.

"Awesome; I'll message you my address in case you lose me on the way there."

I gave a nod. "Sounds like a plan; I'll probably need it since I need to get Corey back."

"I'm coming too!" Corey exclaimed, making me look to him. "C'mon Ashley, please? I'm already here."

"Fine, but you do your work in my office tomorrow, got it?"

Corey nodded and I looked to Brian who smiled at me.

"Let's go."

***

Matt's Point of View:

"What time's Ashley coming home?" Juliet asked without looking at me from where she was sitting opposite me at the table, the stuffed bear sitting on the table near her.

"He just said he'd be a few hours," I said in response, mindlessly pushing around the food that was on the plate in front of me. "Which means he may be out all night for all I know."

Juliet looked at me disapprovingly.

"So I have to put up with you all night?"

I sighed, leaning back in the chair.

"Let's just talk this out," I tried, Juliet staring me down. "What do you want me to do to make this all up to you? I'm not gonna stop until you tell me what I can do to make you stop hating me."

"You could get up out of that chair and leave my house for starters," she said, making me sigh again.

"I'm not about to leave; I've promised Ashley I won't leave this house until he's home," I said in return, Juliet shrugging as she leant back in her chair, crossing her arms. "I'm not about to go and break another promise; I've done that too many times in the past."