Chapter 51

Chapter 51:

"I've already fucking told like three of you that this isn't right!" Jimmy snapped as I walked onto the stage, seeing Matt talking about something with Brian; Jimmy wasn't happy as he snapped at the road crew that were working on his drumkit. "Y'know what, just fucking move aside and I'll do it myself because you lot don't seem to have heard anything I've said; this happens every damn time and I'm sick of it. Step up your game or you're out."

The roadies left, Jimmy shaking his head and going about fixing everything up himself as I stopped with Matt and Brian. Both looked to me.

"Was just wondering what you wanted me to do," I said, Juliet off to the other side of the stage, talking to someone I didn't know.

"Uh, well we can getcha basses in and get working on that; not a lot you can do at the current time," Matt said as someone stopped next to Brian; it was Michelle. "We've got the people like Corey and Stef coming in in about thirty-minutes, so we need to step things up; if you could get that stuff inside we'll get our bass tech to help you out with that."

"Sounds like a plan."

Matt nodded, going to say something but getting interrupted by someone, one of the people that were helping out.

"Matt, someone's apparently here to see you out front," the guy said, making Matt look to him in annoyance.

"They give a name or reason?" Matt asked, the guy shaking his head. Matt sighed. "Fuck, fine I'll go see who it is; everyone keep working and I'll be back in a few minutes."

He indicated for me to come with him as he walked to the edge of the stage, jumping off and heading to the other side of the venue, going to the front.

"I'll help you with your stuff once we see who wants to talk to me," Matt said as I followed, quickly catching up to him. He stopped and looked back at the stage. "Brian! Keep an eye on things while I'm out?"

Brian looked away from Michelle, giving Matt the thumbs up to signal he'd heard him. Matt continued on his way, heading out and down the stairs that led to the front of the venue.

"Why do these things just have to happen every damn time? Why can't anything be fucking simple on days like this?" Matt asked with annoyance as we neared the end of the stairs; I saw a few people already outside, most likely camping it out until later on tonight; there was security on the doors as well. "Why does someone always have to talk to me?"

"Any idea who it could be?" I asked as we stopped near the doors; I watched as he looked outside, trying to see who it was that might've called for him.

"I have a slight bad feeling about who it could be," Matt said. He looked to me, moving out of the way of the doors. "Think you could go back upstairs and find the guy who came to tell me? He'd know who we're looking for."

I gave a nod, Matt nodding as well and going back to looking outside. I went back up the stairs and into the hall we were in, everyone still at work. Brian looked over as I came back over, Michelle nowhere to be seen now.

"Matt coming back?" he asked as I stopped at the edge of the stage, looking up at him.

"Not yet; he asked me to come find whoever it was that told him about someone wanting to talk to him," I said, Brian nodding. "He thought he could tell him who was waiting to talk to him; that guy around anywhere?"

Brian nodded, indicating to give him a second. He headed off the stage and out of my sight. Juliet came over, stopping at the edge of the stage and sitting down on it, looking to me.