two / patrick smiles

I began to pack up my things. I didn’t have much, but what I did have was very important to me. I had one teddy that I’ve had for a full 17 years of my life. It was a tiny blue bear that, apparently, I wouldn’t go anywhere without. I packed all my clothes, photos, football gear and posters away into an old gym bag.

Everybody else was still downstairs so I quickly showered and dressed nicely before heading back down to wait for ‘Patrick’.

I sat on the sofa in the entrance hall and began flicking through some of my old photo albums. It was full of pictures from me, my mum, dad and older brother, Brad. I cherished these photos, just like you’d cherish a baby.

‘’Ew,’’ one of the ‘popular’ girls snarled from behind me.

‘’What?’’ I raised an eyebrow.

‘’Them, he’s so ugly’’ She pointed to my brother, Brad. He was twelve years old, what did she expect him to look like.

‘’What has this got anything to do with you?’’

‘’Nothing. Where are you going?’’

‘’I’m being adopted’’ I shrugged and she chuckled.

‘’Who would want to adopt you?’’

‘’That would be me, hi’’.

She screamed and my jaw hit the floor. I had to blink a couple of times before my eyes actually registered that it was in fact Patrick Stump that was stood in front of me. The girl shoved me out of the way and grinned at Patrick.

‘’Hi, you’re adopting me? I’m Ellianah.’’ she twirled her hair around her finger.

‘’That’s cute,’’ he chuckled and stepped around her, ‘’Hi, are you all ready to go? Or do I need to wait for you to say goodbyes?’’ Patrick gave me a friendly smile and picked up my duffel bag.

‘’Nope, I’m all good. Later losers!’’.

I followed Patrick out to his car. He put my bags into the boot of a black BMW and got inside. I slid into the passenger seat and locked the seatbelt into place.

‘’I’m Patrick, if nobody had told you. The lady told me that they were keeping this a secret from you.’’ He smiled and started the car.

‘’Wow,’’ I chuckled lightly, ‘’Even if nobody had told me, which they did, I’d know you from a mile away!’’ I grinned excitedly.

‘’You’re a fan?’’

‘’Maybe a small one? Or like, a really huge one. You can make up your mind later’’.

‘’That’s cool. You’ll be happy to know that the other guys are coming round later’’.

‘’Like, all of them? I’m not good at meeting new people’’ I shook my head nervously, Patrick smiled.

‘’Sure you are! You only just met me and you’ve already got me smiling. What more could you want for a first impression?’’

*a/n comment/vote/fan*