fifty-one / a new start

Later that day, Pete drove me home. Home being Patrick's house. Inside I was feeling a mixture of scared, nervous and nausea. I didn't want to set foot in the driveway, let alone the house. But nevertheless, Pete said it was a good idea and that he wouldn't let Patrick or his girlfriend say anything about me that wasn't right. I accepted this and closely follow as we made our way up the cobbles and up to the front porch. Pete rung the bell and we waited a few moments. Then, Gabrielle opened the door, a confused expression lining her face.

"Can we come in?" Pete said bluntly, putting harsh expression on 'we'. I bit the inside of my lip and avoided eye contact with Gabrielle as we shuffled past.

"Who is it Gabs?" Patrick's voice echoed throughout the hallways of the house. His footsteps began to become louder and more apparent, stopping suddenly when he saw us. He said nothing, just beckoning Pete and I through into the lounge.

I took a seat on the other sofa, next to Pete. Gabrielle awkwardly sat down next to Patrick. Nobody spoke for a good two minutes, but Patrick couldn't stand the glares from Pete any longer, which was what broke the silence.

"So, uh, what are you guys doing here?"

"What are we doing here?" Pete started angrily, "What the hell do you think we're doing here?" Pete rose to his feet and attempted to continue his outburst of rage, but I grabbed him and pulled him back down, holding onto his arm tightly.

"Woah, calm down, I'm a little confused here...and, not to be rude or anything, but shouting isn't good around a pregnant woman,"

"That's the fucking point, Patrick! That's why we're here! Because you knocked this one up and kicked Ell out! Do you have any idea how much pain you've brought Ellianah?"

"W-what?" Patrick stuttered, placing an arm around Gabrielle's shoulders, "It's not like that, I just didn't think it would be right for her to be around when I need to take care of Gabrielle all the time! It wouldn't have been fair!"

Pete looked down at me. I was trying hard to not get upset, but it wasn't easy. Every word that came flying out of Patrick's mouth had made me feel more and more like I'd been replaced. I felt like I was going to explode.

"It's been so, so long since I'd been part of something I could call a family. That place I was in didn't even come close. The thought of being adopted into a new family and then, becoming an older sibling to someone I could help protect was once the only thing I ever wanted. To be part of a family, to feel loved and to not be replaced," I said the last part through the grit of my teeth. Patrick and Gabrielle sat looking overwhelmed. Neither of them could contemplate a combustion of words to even counter what I had just said. I was angry, sad and depressed. I just wanted to leave.

"I-I didn't know you felt that way about it, I should've asked you first, I'm so sorry, Ell,".

"Go and pack your things up, we're leaving," Pete mumbled. I rose to my feet and quickly left the room. I could still here the muffled conversation from upstairs. I stayed quiet and listened intently as Pete fought my corner and Patrick tried to explain, even though what was coming out was just repetition.

The last thing I heard was from Pete, "Don't even bother with Ell anymore. If you can't take responsibility for her, then I will,".

And that was all I needed to hear, I hauled my case down the stairs and down the driveway. Pete was behind me, not saying a word. I don't blame him, I wouldn't know what to say. We drove in silence for the best part of twenty minutes until we arrived at Pete's house.

"Welcome to your new home, and don't worry, you will stay here until you want to, I don't break my promises."

•••••••••

Pete's house was huge. I had my own room adjacent to Pete's. Opposite his was a door painted black with bright green letters on that spelt out the name 'Bronx'. I knew that Bronx was his son, but I had never seen him yet. I didn't ask, incase it was a bad thing to do so, but also because it wasn't my place. Soon enough, curiosity got the better of me and I pushed open the door to his room. The walls were covered in graffiti, spelling out Bronx again. There were piles of toy boxes and a race car themed bed. The rug was the Fall Out Boy logo. I smiled to myself and walked out of the room, straight into Pete.

"Woah, sorry." I said awkwardly, "I uh..." I didn't know how to explain this one. Pete didn't seem to mind though.

"Come on, dinner's ready," I followed him downstairs and into the kitchen. Pete had made chicken fajitas for dinner which was just what I was craving. I thanked him and immediately tucked in.

"So uh, Bronx?" I said, wanting to know more. If he wasn't angry about me going in his room, then he surely wouldn't be ticked off about me asking.

"He's been with Ashlee for a while. I've seen him for a few days while you've been here, I just didn't tell anyone where I was going. Ash said that she wanted to keep him during this whole thing with you joining the family,"

I immediately felt guilt flush through my entire body. I, an orphan, was depriving someone of seeing their own child.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry. If I'd have known I would have stayed out of your way and-"

Pete chuckled and tossed me the bottle of mayonnaise. I caught it and made a new fajita.

"Don't worry about it. I called when you were upstairs and Ash is bringing him over tomorrow morning. I thought that since tour is over now, and you're going to be living with me, it would be a good idea for him to meet you. He'll be here for two weeks and then Ash has him for two,"

"What if he doesn't like me or something, then I'll have fucked that up,"

"Come on, as long as you'll play Power Rangers and superheroes with the kid, you'll be his favourite person in no time," Pete grinned.

I hoped I would be. I mean, after all, I did want a little brother or sister, and I knew from the moment I stepped foot in this house that Pete wasn't letting me go anywhere. I was here to stay and nobody was going to replace me this time.

A/N HIII

I like this chapter idk?? Anyway I think this is finally moving onto the last part of the story. Like I mean there's going to be tons more chapters but this is the final leg, if you get me?

Yeah so tell me what you thought in the comments!

comment/vote

-fxckflint