sixteen / only worse

I couldn’t break away from Pete’s gaze. He was inches away from my face and I could tell how upset he was and that he just wanted an answer. I couldn’t give him one. I couldn’t bring myself to tell him that it had happened again. I didn’t want to see him go through that, no matter how much I was lying to him, I was also protecting him from his past.

‘’Ell-‘’

‘’Miss Sullivan?’’

Pete’s hands left my face when the clicking of the head teacher’s heels on the tiled flooring began to echo around the space. I gulped and Pete backed away from me as she approached.

‘’Why have you not been in your exam? That’s two this morning you’ve missed! And very important ones might I add!’’

I stood and stared at her for just about a quarter of a second until a whole rampage of insults and comments came at her from behind. I silently slipped behind them all and began to walk away, a couple of tears coming from my eyes. I sniffed and tried to hold them in.

‘’Hey,’’

Andy was never one for arguing, so when I felt him tap me on the shoulder, I actually stopped trying to get away from everyone and gave him my attention.

‘’I’d take you somewhere but Patrick would get mad,’’

I nodded and fiddled with the hem of my school shirt. Andy looked me up and down, trying to figure out something that I was unaware of. I sucked in a breath and looked up at him. I noticed that he had a few tears beginning to form in his eyes.

‘’Please don’t cry Andy,’’ I shook my head and he laughed a little.

‘’I’m sorry,’’ He wiped his eyes, ‘’I don’t like seeing you hurt that’s all, come ‘ere,’’

Andy pulled me into a hug. I closed my eyes and tried to mentally escape from the racket coming from a few meters down the hall. I was convinced that Andy was the only person that knew what I wanted.

I was slowly drifting away from everything when I was pulled apart by someone grabbing my arm and hauling me down the corridor. I looked up to see Patrick with an angry expression on his face. I had never seen Patrick angry, and according to the other boys, neither had they. I got quite scared, just because it was such a change from his normal, happy self.

I got into the car, sitting by the window next to Joe. He threw an arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. Patrick and Pete were arguing in the front, and Andy was sat with his head against the window, feeling done with the whole situation. It was only then that I realised that I hadn’t made Patrick’s life any better, I’d just gone and made it one thousand times worse.

*a/n short chapter I know, I'll update later tonight maybe:)

comment/vote/share*