fifty / decisions

Ryan had plans with family a few days later, which meant Pete offering to come and pick me up to finally take me back to Patrick's. My stuff was mostly still at Brendon's but I had been wearing the same pair of jeans for a few days, along with a mixture of Ryan's t-shirts and jackets. Around an hour before Pete was due to arrive, it dawned on me that he still didn't know about Patrick's decision. I needed to tell him before I went back home, unless Patrick had already told him. I don't think he knew because I was pretty sure Pete would have done something about it by now. And besides, I wanted him to hear it from me. I told him everything. Apart from me and Ryan. We had agreed to keep us a secret for now. I text Pete to meet me in a cafe not far from Ryan's in 40 minutes. He said okay.

I pulled on Ryan's denim button down and grabbed my phone before walking into the kitchen where Ryan was. He grinned at me.

"I'll return the shirt when I have my own to wear," I smiled at him and grabbed some empty used glasses and put them into the dishwasher.

"Keep it," Ryan said as he approached me, "It looks good on you," he smirked and kissed me softly. His kisses were never to hard, but always felt like they held meaning. They were never empty. Ryan hugged me tightly. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his were draped loosely around my lower back.

"It's going to be okay, I promise," he whispered, swaying us both side to side. His voice was so soothing and relaxing that it made me think that it really was going to be all okay. I didn't know for sure, I didn't know anything for sure. But I could hope.

I gathered my thing and pulled my bag up onto my shoulder. Ryan was sat in the sofa, watching me. He smiled, not taking his eyes off of me. He made me feel special, I got that weird feeling inside of me and I knew Ryan got it too. His eyes showed it. He kissed me and walked me out of the apartment into the street. He kissed me again one last time and told me to call him if I needed anything. I told him not to worry, and he told me that he'd never stop worrying.

I waved goodbye and followed the pavement with a short walk into the city centre. The cafe was around 10 minutes away so I arrived quickly. Pete wasn't here yet, not that I expected him to be. He was always late, but what do you expect from him, he's always been like that. I found a table in the corner and sat down, pondering over the menu. There were only a mere 5 other people in here so there was a comfortable and calm buzz around the place. This was disturbed when the bell above to door chimed and Pete walked in, removing his scarf as he did so. He smiled when he saw me and I stood up to greet him. After a short hug, we ordered some food and returned to our seats.

We spoke half-heartedly about the past few days. I avoided speaking about Ryan at all costs, after all, we did agree to keep it a secret for now. Pete told me about the show they played a few days ago and about a fan from a meet and greet who gave him an amazing drawing of himself. He could tell I wasn't my normal self and that I had something I needed to get out, he picked up on this kind of stuff quickly.

"What is it?"

"What?" I blurted out. Pete just looked at me, intensifying his eyes, telling me that he knew there was no point in me bullshitting myself out of it. I sighed.

"He hasn't told you then?"

"Who?"

"Patrick. Gabrielle is pregnant and I'm being kicked out. I didn't want to tell you because I-"

"What the fuck? That is so fucking ridiculous! I'm going to go talk some sense into that-"

I grabbed Pete's arm and pulled him back to the table, trying to ignore the states we were getting. I have him a pleading look and he reluctantly sat back down.

"He made a promise to you, Ell. He said he'd never leave you, never let you go," Pete said in a hushed tone. He was right, but I didn't want him to start on Patrick. Not yet, anyway.

"I know he did but, maybe it's for the best, I don't know,".

"What are you talking about? Where are you meant to go? Where did this all come from. I bet it was her, Gabrielle..."

"He said there was a house he's found me, not far from his own...".

Pete stayed silent, picking at his pasta salad. I just looked out of the window, resting my chin on my hand. I was done with everything. I was beginning to regret even telling Pete, he probably should have heard it from Patrick. And now I've gone and turned them against each other, exactly what I didn't want to happen. But I suppose Patrick had set himself up for that really, he knew what Pete was like and he would have told him by now, anyway.

"There's no need,"

"Huh?" I said, snapping out of my little daydream.

He looked at me with a stern gaze, "No need to find a house. Fuck the house. If Patrick won't keep his promise, I'll keep it for him. You're moving in with me,".

A/N hey:)

I tried to make this update a little longer than the others because I know they're always kinda short:(

ANYWAY THE RESULTS TO THE PREVIOUS QUESTION FROM TE LAST AN:

Ryan: 10
Pete:9
Both:3

So basically, you guys (overall) ship Ell and Ryan more than her and Pete. I still actually haven't decided yet but I ship them both too but ugh it's so hard.

Thanks to everyone that reads! Ily x

Comment/vote

-fxckflint