forty / sorry

"Olivia?" I stuttered, staring at the all too familiar girl in the doorway. She grinned.

"Yep,"

"What are you doing in here?" I rushed over to her, pulling her into a right hug which she returned.

"I was in here for alcohol. Long story short, parents split up and my dad got crazy, I chose the wrong friends to move in with, passed out one night and ended up in here. I'm all good now though, leaving for good today. You'd think by now I'd know which room was mine but," she shrugged with a smile, "I'm glad I intruded,".

"Me too. Maybe you could come see this movie with me tonight?" I held up the tickets, "that's okay, right Spencer?" I turned to him and found him staring at me.

"Of course, you take whoever you want," he gave me a warm smile and nodded.

"No way! Avengers!" Olivia grabbed the tickets from my fingertips. Me and Olivia go back, all the way back. We met in highschool when we both got moved next to each other in math class. We didn't speak for at least a month, but I split tip ex on Olivia once and she split hers on me, which ended in us both getting put in isolation for a month. There's no better place to bond than in isolation!

"I thought I was going?" Brendon pouted when he walked back into the room. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Sorry, Olivia's better than you,"

"But I'm letting you live with me!"

"If I tried to leave you'd end up crying Brendon, I'll watch a movie with you another time," I patted his shoulder and Sarah laughed.

I was so caught up with Olivia that I'd forgot that Ryan was even here. The only thing that reminded me was when he spoke up.

"Well I'll be going," he said.

"Us too," Brendon announced.

"I'll come back tomorrow, okay Spencer?" I walked over and hugged him. I needed this hug to last me a while.

"Okay, have fun with your friend," Spencer smiled at me as I let go. At least I saw him smile. It would do for now.

"See you tomorrow Spence," Ryan said as we all left the room. Spencer turned the TV on just as we closed the door.

We all walked down to reception, Olivia dragging her suitcase behind her. We waited for her to sign some papers and Brendon offered her a ride back to his house, so we both could go straight to the movies tonight. She accepted and we said goodbye to Ryan. I told him I'd see him tomorrow and he did the same.

When we got home, Olivia began rummaging through her boxes to find an outfit for tonight. I was helping her until my phone rang. I couldn't help but feel a surge of anger shoot through me when Patrick's name appeared.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Ell! How's life with the Uries?"

"Good, we went an saw Spencer today," I said bluntly. The line went quiet for a while. I could hear other voices in the background, however they were too muffled to make a heads or take of what they were saying.

"And how was he?"

"Fine. Thanks for letting me know, not."

"Ell I'm sorry we just didn't want to ruin your birthday and-"

"I get it. I understand but I love Spencer and...never mind. Good luck for tonight's show."

"Ellianah please just-".

I ended the call. Olivia was still searching through her boxes, looking up when she heard me sigh.

"Who was that?"

"Patrick," I answered. I'd filled her in on everything on the journey home. We had always been big fans of Fall Out Boy and Panic! but thankfully, Liv didn't show it like I thought she would. She was pretty cool with the whole thing.

"What'd he say?"

"That he was sorry for not telling me," I answered, "These," I said, throwing a pair of white jeans at her.

"We're you deliberately trying to sound pissed off or?" She said, "And this," she pulled out a pink kimono.

"It just came naturally, I'm pretty mad at them all to say the least. Thinking about it, I was pretty harsh on them. They were only trying to protect me," I sighed.

"Text him," she said.

"Patrick?"

"Yeah. Don't call him because it's awkward since you just pissed all over his apology. Text him saying you're sorry."

"Fine,".

I did as I was told, sending Patrick a one worded text, 'sorry'. I didn't get a reply, despite checking my phone through out the entire duration of the movie. He was probably on stage. I felt kind of upset, but I had to keep telling myself that he just hadn't read it yet.

We were in the middle of a meal after the movie when my phone rang. The name displayed was Ryan. We had exchanged numbers whilst visiting Spencer.

"Hey Ryan," I said.

"Hey! Sorry if I'm interrupting something..."

"Just me and Liv having a meal, no biggie," I smirked and Olivia threw a chip at me.

"I can call you back later if your busy?"

"No, don't worry. So can I help you with something?"

"Not exactly, I was just wondering if you wanted to do something tomorrow with me? There's a new bowling place that opened not far into town, if you'd like?"

Olivia was sat opposite me, listening in on the whole conversation. When she heard Ryan's offer, she began to eagerly nod with wide eyes and a huge grin.

"Sure, that sounds like fun!"

"Great!" Ryan's tone noticeably picked up, "So I'll pick you up at Brendon's at...5?"

"Yeah, thanks Ryan. I'm looking forward to it,"

"Me too, see you,".

I ended the call and finished the meal. We got a cab home which dropped Olivia off first, and then me. Once back at Brendon's, I told him about the movie and what he missed out on. I told him about Ryan's call and he said that he approved, then asking whether I wanted to tell Patrick and the boys. I immediately said no. I didn't want them to know, not yet anyway. Brendon went along with it.

I went to bed around 11:45 that night. Just as I was drifting into sleep, my phone buzzed, lighting up the whole room. I sleepily reached over and looked. It was a text from Patrick.

'Apology accepted'.

A/N so I actually used the shitty wifi and updated lmao. I think this is a bad chapter but whatever. Sorry it's been so long, I'm home soon so updates will become frequent again:)

Comment/vote