thirty eight / goodnight ellianah

‘’W-what?’’

That was all I said. Sarah said nothing. She just looked at me from across the room with a worried expression. She clearly didn’t know what to do. Spencer was fine just a few days ago, and now he was in rehab? This didn’t add up. At all.

‘’There was drugs a-and alcohol and it wasn’t good, at all. I’m so sorry Ell,’’ Sarah shook her head. I ran over to her from my sofa and she opened her arms. She hugged me tightly whilst I at least tried to take in the information. I didn’t like thinking about it. Spencer was always so happy. Where could this all have come from? And why? I just want to see him.

‘’Can we go see him?’’ I asked, staring into the flames that danced in the wooden fireplace.

‘’I think-‘’.

‘’I’m home!’’ Brendon called out as the front door slammed shut. He didn’t sound too enthusiastic. I rose to my feet and began to shuffle through into the hallway. Brendon was hanging up his jacket and flicking through a pile of mail at the same time. He looked up and noticed me, giving me a smile that I knew wasn’t real.

‘’Hey Ell, happy birthday!’’ Brendon pulled me into a long hug.

I took this chance to quietly whisper, ‘’Is he going to be okay?’’.

I felt Brendon tense up. I noticed from the corner of my eye that he mouthed ‘you told her?’ to Sarah. She just nodded. Brendon sighed, letting out a huge breath that he’d probably been holding in for hours.

‘’Yeah,’’ He gently released me, ‘’He’ll be fine. Uh, it’s getting pretty late and we’ve got plans for you tomorrow so…’’ Brendon looked at me, his eyes telling me that I should go to bed.

‘’Yeah, I’m tired from travelling anyway. I’ll see you guys in the morning, night,’’ I waved and walked halfway up and around the spiral staircase. I perched on my knees and saw Brendon break down. He sobbed for a good five minutes to Sarah in the hallway before they retreated to the lounge.

I went to bed with a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. This was the last thing I imagined would happen today. It started off with such an amazing experience with my favourite people, then I come back home to this. I wasn’t prepared. I don’t think anybody was.

I was laid wide awake in my bed with some old shorts and a t-shirt on. Brendon and Sarah were still downstairs and I think they were going to stay there for tonight since it was 12:04 now. A quiet ringing sound came from down the hallway. I thought it was just my imagination but I realised it wasn’t when the ringing stopped then started again. I left it for Brendon or Sarah but when they didn’t hear it on the person’s third time of asking, the ringing annoyed me. I quietly opened my door and followed the sound down the hallway. What appeared to be Brendon’s phone was ringing on the sideboard, the name ‘Ryan’ flashing up on the screen. I debated whether to answer it or not, but in the end, I did.

‘’Hello?’’ I whispered, walking back into the bedroom with the phone.

‘’Hi, is Brendon there? It’s Ryan,’’

‘’Uh,’’ I stuttered, ‘’He’s kind of busy right now…’’

‘’Well could you tell- wait,’’ Ryan paused, ‘’Who is this?’’

‘’My name is Ellianah, I’m Patrick’s sister, daughter, adopted family member. We haven’t settled on a title yet. Uh, long story short I’m staying with Brendon and Sarah while Fall Out Boy are touring, sorry for rambling,’’ I felt myself blush, even though there was no need.

Ryan laughed, it was a quiet laugh, but he certainly laughed, ‘’Oh yeah, I know about all this. I’m Ryan Ross, if you hadn’t caught on,’’ I mentally died and went to heaven. Ryan had been my crush for as long as I can remember, years before I’d even got into Fall Out Boy, I’d been a Panic! fangirl for so long.

‘’Yeah, I caught on,’’ I giggled, ‘’Brendon’s sleeping downstairs and I don’t really want to wake him. I don’t think he’d be best pleased if he knew I’d been answering his calls either so…’’

‘’Yeah,’’ Ryan chuckled, ‘’I’ll call him back tomorrow. Goodnight Ellianah, maybe I’ll see you around,’’.

‘’Sure, night Ryan’’.

‘’Goodbye,’’.

The line went dead and Brendon’s phone went cold in my hands. I crept out of the room and placed the phone back on the sideboard where it was before. I instantly felt guilty about answering Brendon’s phone, but I managed to convince myself that I was doing the right thing. And besides, I got to speak to my crush of seven years so it was okay. I suspected he was calling about Spencer, but he didn’t let it show towards me, in case I didn’t know. Which of course I did, but Ryan’s a smart guy, he knows what he’s doing.

I eventually fell asleep around one am. There had been no sign of Brendon and Sarah coming up to bed so my assumptions were probably correct, unless they were having some kind of all-nighter, but my mind told me that that probably wasn’t the case. As I felt myself fall deeper into dreams, my thoughts turned to Spencer. The last thing I remember thinking about before I slipped into dream world was Spencer’s bright smile the first time I met him. I just hope I can see that smile sometime soon.

AN HOLY CRAP 20.5K READS WHAT IS THIS SHIT?????? I'M SO GRATEFUL OMG TYSM LIKE I WOULD BUY EVERYONE WHOSE READ THIS PIZZA BUT I'M BROKE LMAO SORRY.

p.s, the winners from the character competition from a while back are still going to be included.  I don't want to give away too much but Ellianah's old school friend will become apparent in the next few chapters and Patrick's girlfriend a little later on, so don't worry!

thank you all for reading, i love making you guys happy with my writing and i'm so happy with the rewards i get, aka the amount of reads, it's unreal for me to reach that many and it's all thanks to you guys! 

ALSO ALSO ALSO if anyone reads 'They Had The World' then THANK YOU FOR GETTING IT TO 1K READS! If you haven't read it yet, it's a Dallon Weekes, the bae, fanfiction. I'd love it if you could knock up the read count on that story too so please give it a flick through!:)

comment/vote/share