twenty one / the first day

‘’So you’ll just be interviewing this new band that we’ve just signed. You’ll ask questions, and we’ll record all the answers. Then you’ll basically write a report on it, got it?’’

‘’Got it,’’ I smiled weakly at Marco. He was one of the employees at DecayDance and was basically the one having to follow me around all day. I didn’t mind it at all surprisingly. Marco was a genuinely nice guy. He kept making sure that I have everything I needed, knew what I was doing, all that sort of thing. I expected it to be Pete, but apparently he was busy.

I was taken into a small room with cameras and lightning set up. I took a seat on a chair next to a sofa. I repeatedly went over the question cards that I had in my hands. I took a quick drink before I was told that the band had arrived. I thought of it as nothing, until they all walked into the room.

I jumped off the chair. Half out of politeness to greet them all, and half out of fright because he was here.

‘’Hey I’m Daniel,’’ a tall dark haired boy shook my hand.

‘’Nick,’’

‘’Bobby,’’

‘’Ash. We’ve met before,’’ He just smirked and sat on the sofa at the side closest to me.

Throughout the whole interview, Ash would answer all his questions in a different way to how to other boys did. He would refuse to look at the camera, no matter how many times the guys in the back told him to. After seven takes of the same question, we gave up on him. He would constantly stare at me and it made me really anxious. The last time I saw him, I felt like I was dead. God knows why Pete even let these guys into the building.

After the interview, I quickly exited the room and ran straight into Marco. I started to breathe heavily and he just grabbed my arms and pulled me outside into the daylight. Handing me a bottle of water, he began to panic, ‘’Jeez Ellianah what happened?’’

‘’You don’t even want to know,’’

‘’I’ll get Pete,’’

‘’No!’’ I grabbed Marco’s hand, ‘’Please don’t. Don’t even tell him?’’

‘’Tell me what?’’

I stared at them both. My gaze flickering between Marco and Pete’s eyes who were both looking right back at me. I gulped and began to get that anxious feeling. I’d never suffered from anxiety in my whole life. I’d never had any issues like that. But now, it was different. Pete made me incredibly anxious and Ash brought that on. I felt so deprived of Pete’s trust that I couldn’t even bare to be within ten feet of him. I turned away from them both and began to walk down the street.

Marco shouted after me, Pete just came running. I took off sprinting, weaving in and out of people. This was my worst nightmare. I felt as though I was going to collapse any second. I’d never had a panic attack, but I thought as though one was coming. I was on the verge of a breakdown when I dodged around a corner and saw Pete continue running down the street.

‘’She went down there!’’ I heard Marco’s voice and two pairs of footsteps closing in on me.

I stumbled to my feet and ran down the alleyway. I panicked when I came face to face with the dead end and a brick wall. They were so close behind me and I had nowhere to run. My throat felt like it was closing up and I couldn’t breathe. My legs turned to nothing and I collapsed onto the ground, screaming for Pete to get away from me. He stood staring, his hands racing up and down his cheeks in fear. He was panicking. Marco was shouting on the phone and Pete was in tears staring at me. He tried to approach me but I kept screaming which made it worse. The cars and people and houses and offices felt as though they were suffocating me. Pete eventually grabbed me by the shoulders and that’s when I knew that you could black out during a panic attack. 

*a/n hey; I DELETED THE LAST CHAPTER JUST IGNORE IT AND PRETEND THAT IT NEVER EXISTED OKAY, THANKS.

This one does exist, hope you liked it:)

comment/vote/share*