nineteen / finding panic

After the boys split the bill for the meal, we grabbed our jackets and headed back out into the night. The sky was a dark velvety colour and the only light was from the moon and the odd street lights that were dotted down the road. The temperature had dropped and I hugged my arms around my chest to keep me warm.

‘’What time is it?’’

‘’Just gone nine-thirty,’’ Joe informed Pete.

‘’Whose up for a drink at the club?’’

‘’Your club?’’ I looked behind me at Pete.

He nodded, ‘’Yeah. It’s a couple blocks away from here, you mind?’’

I shook my head, ‘’No, sounds great,’’ I smiled and we picked up our pace to try and get out of the cold.

I slowly floated to the back of the group, letting Pete and Joe go to the front, taking the lead. Patrick put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him as we walked. We were both freezing and were glad when the pounding of music came into earshot.

Speed-walking around the corner, Pete cut us all through the queue and we darted in. Patrick grabbed my hand, making sure not to lose me. We weaved in and out of all the people, trying not to get too far behind the others. We pushed through and eventually made it to the V.I.P area. I had never been in a V.I.P section, or a club for that, so this was all a new experience.

There were various other stars that I’d know the faces but not names of. I got smiles and winks from a few, but I just smiled back to be polite. I was 17 and lived in an orphanage for the last eight years of my life, I didn’t get to go out much and experience what my teenage years should have been like. Sure, I could have been in a worse care home, but I also could have been in a better one that let the kids have a life.

I took a seat next to Andy on a sofa in the corner. We had a chat until the other boys came over with drinks for us. Pete winked and slid a bright pink coloured cocktail across the table to me. I chuckled and began to stir it with the straw.

‘’Uh, what’s in this?’’

Pete grinned, ‘’Stuff that you’re not supposed to drink till you’re 21. Cheers!’’

We all clinked our glasses together and took sips of our drinks. I managed to get all of mine down, not leaving a single drop. I’d had wine, champagne and things like Port before, but never a cocktail. The boys were downing thee glasses like they were shots which astounded me.

 I soon excused myself to the bathroom after getting directions. Upon my exit, I bumped into someone who grabbed me by the shoulders to stop me from falling.

‘’Ellianah? I almost didn’t recognise you, you look amazing! Are you here with the guys?’’

I grinned up at Spencer, ‘’Thanks Spence! Yeah we’re just over in the corner. Are you with the others?’’

‘’Yeah, mind if we join you?’’

‘’I’m sure that won’t be a problem.’’

I grinned and clung onto Spencer’s arm like it was the last thing on earth. We eventually rounded up Brendon, Dallon and Kenneth and I directed them back over to the table with the other boys.

‘’Look who I’ve found!’’

Everyone erupted into conversation and I found myself still stood up with nowhere to sit. Pete pulled me down onto his lap. Nobody batted an eyelid but I, however, felt incredibly awkward. I soon realised that most of us were drunk and that what happened right now wouldn’t be remembered in the morning anyway. I eased into the situation and got comfortable on Pete for the rest of the night.

--

I woke up in my own bed, feeling perfectly normal. I did have more than one drink last night but it didn’t seem to have an effect on me. But apparently it did on Brendon and Ken because I could already hear them arguing downstairs. I groaned and sat up, rubbing my temple with my fingers. I heard doors opening and closing in the corridor outside of my bedroom followed by voices. Andy was laughing, as usual, and Joe was also very clearly hung over. I didn’t hear Patrick at all.

‘’Shit,’’ Pete burst into my bedroom and slammed the door closed behind him, ‘’Shit, shit, fucking shit,’’.

I stared at him as he began to quickly pace around my room, running his hands through his hair out of stress.

‘’Pete what is it?’’

He snapped his head in my direction, running over to my bed and sitting next to me. He looked me dead in the eyes and didn’t look away. I didn’t dare avert my eyes.

‘’I need you to be deadly honest with me here alright?’’ I nodded, ‘’Did we kiss last night?’’

I gulped. I could hardly remember much after Brendon doing a backflip off the table and Dallon throwing a mojito all over him. I tried and tried as hard as I could to go through everything that happened last night. As I pieced together all the memories, the one blank spot that I had in my mind was conjured up when I remembered Pete showing me the stage in the basement level. We kissed. We did.

‘’Shit,’’ I cursed, biting my lip.

‘’Fuck my life!’’ He threw his head back and let out a huge sigh. I suddenly felt really guilty, even though we were both to blame. Even though neither of us could properly recall it, it most definitely happened.

‘’Nobody knows right? Please tell me that nobody knows?’’

‘’I don’t think Patrick counts as nobody,’’

*a/n heyyyyy

so if you didn't read the note update then you won't know that I've posted the knew story I've been ranting about. It's called 'They Had The World' and it's a Dallon fanfic. I'd really appreciate it if you could go and have a quick read, then I know if i should update it or not.

also, as per I'd love to know what you thought of this chapter and the storry as a whole so far.

comment/vote/share*