forty nine / love?

I was discharged from the hospital the next day. I wasn't in there for long, just a few cuts and bruises along my neck and back. However the thing that made me most paranoid was the stitches I had to have on my head. Thankfully, my hair covered it up.

Ryan and Pete both stayed with me overnight, I heard them taking it in shifts to sleep so they both knew someone was watching me. They thought I was sleeping but all the drama of recent hours had knocked me up bad. So bad that even with my eyes closed and sleep calling my name, I just couldn't drift off. I thought, and deep down hoped that Patrick would have stayed with me. He didn't, he said he had to be with Gabrielle for the baby. Don't get me wrong, but the baby was only around 4 weeks forward. It occurred to me in the dead of night that he just didn't want to be around me anymore, and that upset me.

Pete had to leave for rehearsals but Ryan reassured him that he would take care of me. He left shortly after and a few hours later, my stitches were checked and I was free to go. Ryan drove us both back to his place. It was 1PM and he told me to find a movie to watch whilst he made us pasta for a late dinner. We sat at his dining table with Final Destination on in the background whilst we ate. It was a peaceful meal, talking about this and that. Then Ryan asked about what Patrick wanted to talk to me about.

"He um," I sighed quietly and put down my knife and fork. Ryan did the same, taking a drink of water before clasping his hands together and looking at me, "He told me that, Gabrielle is pregnant and that, um, and that I have to move out,".

"What?" Ryan choked, "That's crazy! He's known the girl like...6 months, tops..." He shook his head and stood up. Noticing my emotions, he pulled me to my feet and gave me a long hug. I liked Ryan's hugs a lot, they made me feel some type of way, and when he kisses me, it feels like nothing I've ever felt before.

"You know you're always welcome here, right?"

I nodded and he smiled, lifting my head up from his chest.

"Oh yeah, I know it's been a while and I've never taken you on our second date,"

I smiled at Ryan, "I didn't know we were going on one?"

"Well that's what I was kind of hoping," he grinned, "See I really like you," He started, pulling me gently by my fingertips into the lounge, "And I think that," he led me to the sofa and I sat down, he still had my hands pinning them above my head as he leant down and kissed me, "That judging by the way you kissed me just then, you like me back. And that means that we should definitely go on a second date," he threw himself down next to me, still clutching my hands.

I didn't speak for a few seconds, I was feeling the pressure of his lips on mine, and as his green eyes looked into my own, I felt something towards him that I have never felt for anyone before, not even Pete.

"Well, you have very good inference skills that's for sure," I grinned at Ryan and he kissed me again, for longer this time, much longer.

We pulled apart, Ryan's smile making me smile even wider. It had been just three months, but I think I loved Ryan. It was crazy, but just thinking about him made me smile and I couldn't help that. I could see it in his eyes that he felt the same way. He made me happy.

"But first, I was just wondering if you maybe, I don't know, wanted to be my girlfriend?" He bit his lip and kissed me hard when I nodded.

I was most definitely in love, and there was nothing that anybody could do about this. But then maybe someone would, especially when they find out about Patrick's decision. And I think we all knew who this person was.

AN hey. sorry it's been so long and shit but yeah here's a really short chapter. I am AMAZED at how many reads my crappy little book has got and I can't thank you enough. Anyway,

Repeated question but now we've got further in the story, I want to know WHO DO YOU SHIP ELL WITH::: PETE OR RYAN????

comment below and I'll count up at the start of the next chapter compared to what people said last time I asked.

comment/vote :)

-fxckflint