nine / starting school

‘’School, school, school! Get up little lady!’’

I groaned as someone, presumably Joe, was banging a pan with a spoon right outside my door. I glanced over at my clock, 6:30AM. I groaned again, dragging myself out of bed and across the hall into the empty bathroom.

After showering, I dressed in a pair of ripped light jeans, and a white vest. I slipped on some ballet pumps and a leather jacket and headed down the stairs. Dumping my bag on the floor, I wandered into the kitchen. There was a bowl filled with Lucky Charms, a glass of orange juice and the carton of milk by the side. I poured on my milk and sat down, quickly eating it all up.

‘’Morning, ready for school?’’ Patrick sauntered in to the kitchen, just as I was taking my last mouthful of cereal. He grabbed the bowl from under me and dumped it in the sink. I finished my juice and left that in the bowl.

‘’As ready as I’ll ever be!’’

‘’Aw,’’ Patrick smiled at me, ‘’C’mon. The guys are in the car.’’

I picked up my bag and followed Patrick out of the house. I jumped into the passenger seat and turned around, only to come face to face with three smirking boys. I raised an eyebrow and Joe burst out into fake tears.

‘’My little girl’s going to school!’’ He sobbed.

I just laughed, Andy and Pete turned to him, giving him and odd look. I chuckled as Patrick started the engine and pulled off the driveway.

‘’Are you excited?’’

‘’Nervous?’’

‘’High school’s boring anyway!’’

‘’I’m excited, and nervous, but I know that high school’s boring so…’’ I shrugged.

Patrick pulled up outside the main entrance. There were kids pilling in and out of the doors. I felt a rush of fear through me, but I shook it off. I’d done this before so I could do it again. Besides, I was older than most of the kids anyway. 17, going on 18. I unbuckled my seatbelt and the guys looked at me.

‘’You sure you don’t want me to come in with you?’’ Patrick looked at me sympathetically. I could hear the laughs from kids outside of the car.

I shook my head, ‘’I’m good, thanks.’’

‘’Alright. I’ll meet you back right here later, okay?’’

‘’Okay.’’

I jumped out of the car, slinging my back pack over my shoulder. The guys wished me a good day and waved as I closed the car door. I smiled at them through the window and walked inside. I watched Patrick drive away before walking up to the main reception desk.

‘’Uh hi, I’m Ellianah Sullivan…’’

The lady looked up from her book, smiling widely at me. I gave her a small smile as she began to dig around in a filing cabinet to her right.

‘’Ah yes! So here is your student planner, timetable and locker combination. Your locker is just at the top of the stairs. You’ll need to go straight to the careers office to pick your subjects, so just take a right and head right to the bottom of the site, you’ll find it with no trouble. If you need anything else, just come back here.’’

‘’Okay, thanks.’’

 I smiled and stuffed the things into my bag. I began my trek to the careers office. I hadn’t even had chance to think about which majoring subjects I was going to pick. Hopefully they would give me some help. I sighed and walked outside, following her directions to the bottom of the school. I came to a bunch of trees, and past them was a road. I sighed and turned back, walking around in circles to see if I’d missed it.

‘’Are you lost or something?’’

My head snapped to my left as a voice filled my ears. The boy stood with a small smirk on his face and one hand stuffed in his pocket. He was dressed in black jeans and a white V-neck.

‘’Uh kind of. Could you tell me where the careers office is?’’

He chuckled, ‘’I’ll take you there,’’

‘’Aren’t you supposed to be in lesson?’’

‘’Yeah, but you’ve given me an excuse not to be.’’

He chuckled and we walked. He occasionally asked me questions about my previous school life, where I was from, all the stuff. Of course, I made it all up. I couldn’t ever tell him that I was adopted and that my ‘dad’ was Patrick Stump. He’d think I was crazy. And plus, if I wanted to make friends, I didn’t want him, or anyone else, to think that.

‘’Well, here we are.’’ He rocked back and forth on his heels, his light brown hair tousled by the wind, and his bright blue eyes looking around. He was pretty cute to say the least.

‘’Thanks. I’m, um, Ellianah, by the way.’’

He looked up at me with a big smile. ‘’It’s nice to meet you, I’m Lewis. Maybe I’ll see you around later?’’

‘’Um, yeah. Catch you later!’’

comment/vote