thirty nine / an old face

AN HEY so much to me hating it, I wrote a chapter ok my phone. I'm aware that it might suck because I really really really dislike writing on my phone but I didn't know when the next time is get on my laptop would be and I didn't want to keep you guys any longer. Thanks for understanding, you guys are amazing:)

-twentyonediscos

I woke up surprisingly early the next morning. I didn't sleep much so that was probably why. I kept waking up, thinking about Spencer. I was really worried about him and I was also worried about Brendon.

I got washed and dressed before heading downstairs. I was greeted in the lounge by Sarah and Brendon who were both watching television and talking quietly.

"Hey," I smiled and sat on the sofa adjacent to theirs.

"Morning Ell, you want some breakfast before we head out? We were going to go shopping," Brendon asked, staring at the TV still.

"Uh I'm not really hungry,"

"You sure? Do you feel alright?" He sat up, alerted by my unwillingness to eat. This was the total opposite to me normally, but for some reason I just wasn't hungry.

"I'm fine...could I see Spencer?" I looked down at my feet. I knew that the answer would probably be a no, but I needed to ask anyway.

Brendon sighed and scratched the side of his neck, "Well you see Ell, I don't really know if it's best for you..."

"I know but," I sighed and looked up from the ground, "I just really want to see him,".

"Well if Ryan's going then maybe we should go too?" Sarah started to confer with Brendon. I relaxed when I knew that he had received the call again from Ryan last night.

"Uh, well I guess, sure."

I smiled and Brendon have me an un-easy grin in return. I felt really bad for him. A sudden rejection feeling washed over me when I thought things through. Did Patrick know about Spencer? I was sure as hell that they'd all know. Why didn't they tell me? I locked my seatbelt into place and fell into thought as we reversed off the driveway.

The journey was silent. The only sound was of the wheels of the car gliding along the gritty tarmac roads, and that wasn't a very loud or enduring sound. Brendon would occasionally tap a tune on the steering wheel gently, but he would soon stop, probably because he thought about Spencer again.

When we pulled up, Brendon immediately leapt out of the car and opened my door for me. I slid out and landed on the ground, dust flying up and dirtying my white shoes. I kept a low profile and walked along side Sarah as we both followed Brendon. We stood behind him as he spoke to the receptionist behind the desk. She started pointing and Brendon had to sign something before he took off walking again. I began to think that maybe coming here wasn't such a good idea.

We walked along endless long corridors. The further we went, the plainer the walls got and the more sad the people began to look. I felt upset, really upset.

We stopped at a large wooden door. Brendon knocked twice and it opened, Ryan appeared, standing to the side as the three of us walked inside. He smiled at me as I passed him. We'd never met before so it was kind if awkward, despite our conversation last night.

I then turned to Spencer. He was sat on a cushioned window seat, hugging his knees to his chest and staring out of the window, gazing over an empty park. He hadn't acknowledged us yet. He knew people had come in, but he hadn't turned around. Brendon cleared his throat and Spencer eventually looked at us. I watched as his gaze shifted from Ryan to Brendon to Sarah until it finally landed on me. He stared at me for a long time until a tiny smile forced the edges of his mouth to curve up.

"Happy birthday for yesterday," He slid off the seat and walked over to a draw. He opened it and pulled out an envelope with my name on it. He handed it to me and they all watched as I gently tore it open.

I slid out the card and smiled. It was a beautiful handmade card with my name engraved on in glitter and a football and a shopping bag stuck on, made from card and felt. I opened it and two tickets fell out. I bent down and picked them up. Two tickets for the new Avengers movie.

"It's tonight, I thought you could take Brendon, he likes the avengers, don't you Bren?" He looked past me to Brendon.

"Yeah, of course," he smiled.

I looked at Spencer with a huge smile on my face. The card was beautiful and Spencer's writing inside was perfect, I never knew anyone of the male specimen that had neat handwriting.

"Thank you Spence, the card is beautiful," I hugged him tightly, making sure it lasted a long time to I could cope without another one for a while.

"I made it myself,"

"You did?" I gasped, "Well now I love it even more, I never knew you could do such artsy things," I grinned.

"Yeah well," he shrugged and blushed at my complement.

"And by the way, I'd much rather be going to the movies with you than Bren," I whispered, earning a laugh from him. I watched as his eyes lit up. I'd pay money to see that from him everyday. He was so precious.

"I'm sure you'll have a great time, but don't tell me what happens, I want to go again with you another time," he smiled.

"Of course, and-"

I stopped talking when Brendon's phone rang. He lifted it from his pocket and checked the screen.

"Pete," I nodded and he left the room.

Sarah began a conversation with Spencer which left Ryan looking awkward and alone. I approached him with a shy smile. I was never good at meeting new people, no matter how much Patrick said otherwise.

"Hi," I said, "I'm-"

"Ellianah," Ryan finished, "From the phone call?" He gave me a smile.

"That's me," I grinned.

"I've heard a lot about you but nobody ever mentioned how pretty you were,"

I blushed, "From the likes of who? And thank you,"

"Patrick, Pete, this guy," he threw his eyes to Spencer, laughing slightly.

"Good things?"

"Not a bad word was spoken. It's nice to finally meet you,"

"You too, I've wanted to meet you since I was like, 13," we shared a laugh and continued to talk together. I kept looking over my shoulder and Spencer. He was smiling, which was good. I just wanted to see him happy.

Ryan was a really nice guy. He was funny and could hold a good conversation which was great because I often come to a halt when talking to new people. And a plus, he was really hot.

We were in mid-conversation when the door opened. We weren't faced with Brendon, but in fact a face that I'd recognise from anywhere. And this time, she was smiling. I smiled back and she just laughed.

"Sorry, wrong room,".

AN I hope you liked this despite how much I hate it and it sucks:(

comment/vote/share