fifty-six [friends]

"Excuse me, can you tell me where the - Kayla?"

I grinned with delight as the brunette turned to face me, her smile become apparent when her eyes met mine.

"Ellianah! It's been ages!" We laughed together and pulled one another into a long embrace. Kayla and I had stayed in touch and now it looked like she was back in town, maybe with Andy. I hope. I need to let him know about Ryan.

"It feels like forever since we've seen each other," I sighed with bright eyes, "Are you with Andy?" I asked.

"Yep, he's somewhere over..." She rose up onto her tiptoes and scanned the shop floor, "With Pete! C'mon!" She grabbed my hand and I managed to scoop up my shopping bags with my free hand as we took off weaving in and out of the racks of clothes.

"Hey guys," Kayla smiled wide. Her and Pete greeted each other and Andy pulled me into a long hug. I'd missed him so much. It was so good to finally see that smile of his, I needed some of that right now. He and I had a chat about things whilst Pete and Kayla went off looking at shoes. Andy and myself took a seat on some stools in the middle of the shoe department.

"So, you've broke up?" Andy questioned. I nodded and he hugged me. "It was the right thing to do you know. You may think it's biting you in the ass right now but in time, it'll do it's worth, trust me," He patted me on the back and then it was his turn to talk. His smile was enormous as tales about Kayla moving in with his flowed from his lips. I was so glad he was happy. It gave me one less thing to worry about. I asked about Joe and Andy told me that he was doing fine with Lucy. I was happy that everyone was doing good, but I was only just pulling through.

A few minutes later, Kayla and I were in a small coffee shop across the other side of town whilst Pete and Andy went to buy more presents. It was nice to have some one-on-one time with a girl. I was missing my best friend Olivia, but she was away at university in England. We skyped regularly but she was one of the people that had no idea about me and Ryan which was weird, considering she was the one that got us together in the first place.

"So, tell me why honey," Kayla smiled sympathetically once I told her about Ryan and I's breakup.

"All we did was...have sex. I mean it was good and all but...there was no feelings there or anything and I think we both knew that. I loved him, I really did, but I'm not over him yet. I still miss him and his smile and his smell and everything about him. He was my first real love and it was painful to have nobody that really understands here to help, apart from you now,".

Kayla took hold of my hand from across the table and told me not to cry. I was trying my very hardest not to but every time I think about Ryan, I keep thinking to myself that there was something we could have salvaged from our relationship and maybe we would still be together. I suppose it's not that easy. I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason and if we broke up, then there's a reason for it. I just can't help missing him, can I?

"Not interrupting anything are we?" I felt my side of the bench sink down and I immediately smiled when I saw Brendon next to me. Dallon was next to Kayla and I introduced her to them.

"Dude, it's been forever!" I smiled and hugged Brendon. His laugh was bright and like a kick up the backside for me to stop moping around and to lighten up.

"I know! I heard about you and Ryan. He's really damn upset," Brendon sighed.

"H-he is?" My eyes widened and I looked at Brendon in disbelief. I felt Kayla staring at me, telling me to forget about him.

"Yeah, but from what I know, which isn't much, it was for the best," He gave me a pat on the back and I nodded, turning to Dallon who asked me what I wanted to drink.

•••••••

The clock above my head showed 11 PM. Bronx had gone to sleep at a friends house and Pete and Andy finally returned from their trek across town to take a seat in the booth with the four of us. We had dinner and had been sat drinking for hours on end. It was just a small place, and they were closing up now which meant we were being kicked out.

We all made our way back out into the cold and said our goodbyes. I arranged to meet up with Kayla in the new year which I was excited about. Brendon and Dallon's goodbye was cut short when their taxi arrived so it was a rushed goodbye hug and kiss from them before they were just a black dot with red lights in the distance. Andy and Kayla headed the other way to Pete and I since they'd come in the car. Lucky for Kayla, Andy didn't drink which meant she could have as much as she wanted and Andy could drive them both home. Pete and I didn't live too far away from town which made walking easy.

I felt Pete drape his scarf around my neck as we walked. The sky was dark and the odd street light illuminated the ice coated pathways that led us back home.

"You looked a little cold," He spoke, looking down at me with a smile.

"Thanks," I replied, giving him a tiny smile in return. The air was bitter and eventually I ended up curled into Pete's side with his arm wrapped tightly around my shoulders, keeping me as close to him as he could keep me. I liked being close to him, it made me feel safe. His care was second to none and I wished that everyone in the world was blessed with his qualities.

Before we knew it, our feet had carried us back to the house and we both collapsed onto the bed together. Without giving it another thought, we sleepily crawled under the covers and I resumed my position next to Pete as he cuddled me, giving me his body heat. I closed my eyes and felt my breathing slow as my body became warmer and warmer.

"I love you," Pete whispered, sending a shiver down my spine. I felt something hit my head and roll down my cheek. I realised that Pete was crying, "I shouldn't, but I do,".

AN ::::: hiiiiii
i hAVE 100k READS WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING I NEVER DREMT THIS WOULD HAPPED YOU'RE TRULY AMAZING OH MY GOD AGHDBAKEUWHSJAHD.

on another note, I would love to know if you liked this chapter and any improvements you'd like me to make. I like hearing from you amazing people so it'd be cool for you to comment;)

comment/vote

-fxckflint