thirty / bacon time

‘’It’s too early!’’ I groaned, shoving my head back into my pillow. I heard my door open and a giant weight crash down on my back. Something cold hit my face and I heard a variety of different laughs.

‘’Come on! We have 3 hours to be at the airport and checked in. GO GO GO!’’ Patrick and the boys all filed out my room as I dragged myself out of bed. My clock showed the inhumanly early time of 2:58 AM. I rolled my eyes and sleepily wandered into the bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth, washed and walked back into my bedroom. My case was already packed but I stuffed in my toiletries after I’d finished my make-up for the day. I wasn’t sure what to wear, but England was cold and right now, it wasn’t even shorts weather here. I chose some light blue jeans, a t-shirt with a maroon coloured shirt over the top and then my combat boots. My hair was up in a ponytail.

I hauled my case down the stairs and it hit the ground with a thud, causing the boys to turn and notice me. Patrick looked as bright as day, however the other boys, not so much. Pete was totally out of it, nearly falling asleep on the sofa, Andy was staring into space, occasionally rubbing his eyes to keep them open, and Joe was keeping himself awake by shining the screen of his phone in his face. I chuckled and walked to the door. We loaded our cases into the car and I jumped in the backseat in the middle, Joe and Andy either side of me.

We spoke about the flight, the journey and what we planned to do in Manchester. I was telling them all about Manchester United and I was pretty sure everyone but Pete had switched off. Pete was obviously interested in football, but the other guys didn’t seem as enthusiastic, but they were happy that I was happy.

Once we arrived at the airport, we joined the end of the queue and eventually checked in. We sent off our luggage and headed over to security checks. Only Joe was buzzed, so the rest of us were stood laughing as some woman began to enjoy her ‘checking’ job a little too much, as Joe’s expression clearly told us.

We then decided to grab something to eat. We sat down at a table in this restaurant and began looking at the breakfast menu. Everything sounded so good, but it was way too early for me to be ordering anything big.

‘’What’re you having, El?’’ Joe asked.

‘’I’ll just have some cereal,’’ I shrugged.

His face fell into an ‘0’, ‘’But they have pancakes! And bacon! Everyone needs bacon!’’

I laughed, ‘’Dude, it’s 4:30 in the morning,’’

‘’So?’’

We just chuckled and ordered our food. It turns out that everyone but me and Andy agrees that bacon is necessary at 4 in the morning. Which is stupid, totally stupid.

I ate my cereal and listened to Pete’s plans about what he wanted to do on our trip to the UK. Un-surprisingly, it involved a lot of shopping and going to different types of restaurants. The other boys agreed. Andy seemed quite enthusiastic about the sport side of things though. He had told me that he wanted to get to know things that I like, so I guess football was a good place to start. He was interested in things that I liked, we were similar in that way which was cool. I sometimes felt a bit far away from the other boys in personality areas.

Patrick had also planned the trip so that we would be there for my birthday. They began discussing ideas about what I wanted to do, where I wanted to go and spend the day and night, all that kind of stuff. Frankly, I wasn’t too bothered. However the boys seemed really persistent in making me have a good time and do whatever the hell I wanted, so I gave them some hints and left the rest up to them.

‘’Flight 182 to Manchester, England is now boarding at gate 17. That’s flight 182 to Manchester, England is now boarding at gate 17, thank you,’’.

We stood up, gathering what was left of our hand luggage and headed out of the restaurant. I was the first the leave, but I suddenly saw a blur of 4 boys shoot past me. I just laughed as I heard Pete shout me to hurry up. They’re freaks, but I love them.

A/N wow this book is getting so long and i'm not even like anywhere near being done with it. Is it getting too long? I'm sorry if it's dragging on:(

comment/vote/share