Smile

Roman hated when you were sad, he hated it more when he hadn't upset you because he had no clue as to how he should fix the problem and had to guess, he placed his cigarette between his lips as you let yourself into his house and shuffled over to his perch on the bottom step of the stairs.

"Who did it?" Roman asked quickly as he wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you into his lap so that he could light his cigarette.

"I dunno what you mean." You snuffled as you nuzzled into his neck, his hand finding your bare calf just below your sundress.

"So this isn't tear stains?" Roman asked with a puff of smoke as he trailed a finger down your cheek.

"I don't want to talk about it." You said with a little pout that had Roman staring at you with a raised eyebrow for a few minutes.

"Fine but first... you have to smile for me." He said with a smirk. "Please... come on I never say please."

He stood, lifting you bridal style, and carried you to the uncomfortably lavish living room where he settled into one of the sofas. He grinned devilishly as he reaches over to the side table next to you and stubbed out his cigarette before tickling your ribs, you tried not to laugh but Roman's eyes had narrowed and you knew he wasn't going to back down until you smiled.

"I'm... not... smiling." You gasped at him.

"Fine... you wanna go to the merry-go-round?" He asked knowing that when you were younger you'd loved it and just the thought would make you smile happily.

"I would be most delighted to attend Mr Godfrey." You said in your best posh accent and tried to hide the smile that matched his.

------------------------------------------------------

"Come on Lady (Y/N) your steed awaits." Roman called as he stood on the back of one of the horses.

"Do I even want to know how much it cost to get the owner to work this late?" You giggled as Roman jumped off the now slow moving carrousel and threw you over his shoulder.

"Nope but I needed you to be happy again." Roman hummed as he jumped back on the carrousel and walked around it until he found your favourite horse and set you down on it.

"We should go back home soon, we have school tomorrow and I still need to study." You said as a wide grin spread across your face.

"I'll sort it just have fun, ok." You nodded and smiled up at Roman who seemed to relax when you smiled again. The pair of you spent the next hour riding in circles yelling and laughing, climbing over the horses and joking around.

-------------------------------------------------

Roman watched as you slowly fell asleep, he'd taken your phone and texted your parents that you were staying with Shelly. You stirred in his arms as he carried you up the stairs, setting you gently in his bed as you begrudgingly opened your eyes and climbed in next to you.

"Hey I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you." Roman mumbled as he snuggled into your neck. "You feel any better?"

"MMhh." You hummed sleepily making him chuckle.

"You know if you want me you can just wake me up right?" He asked, your only answer was a sleepy nod.

Roman's hands played your hair as you shifted in your sleep and rested your head in his chest, with one arm looped around your waist and his free hand trailing patterns on your arms and through your hair. He stayed awake most of the night, enjoying being curled up with you, he smiled to himself as you snuggled even closer.

He may well hate when people upset you be he always knew just the way to make you feel better, your eyes fluttered open when your phone buzzed telling you it was time for school, Roman's chest rose evenly it was clear he hadn't slept well.

"No... sleep." Roman grumbled as you moved. You sighed and snuggled back down, deciding to skip school and stay with Roman.