Prompt

Your felt the ache of anxiety like a cold burn in your stomach, rising through your chest as you watched the clock.

Any minute your boss would pass you and seeing as he was closing the company at the end of the month you figured it didn't matter if you gave him a piece of your mind or not.

You could see him as he stepped off the elevator and with a deep sigh you walked over.

"Closing the company is a mistake." You said. You had planned more but the cold glare he was giving you made you forget everything you planned to say.

"Why would I care? Why would I care what you think, I don't even know who your are." He pointed out and you felt like he was leeching the confidence out of you.

"I don't think you realize how important you are to a lot of people around here." You said and he paused as he pushed past you. "Hundreds of people are going to lose their homes and jobs."

"So. If you can give me a decent reason by tomorrow maybe I'll think about it but I doubt you can. I'll fire you without a severance package if you let me down." He almost snarled. As he walked away you nodded, at least you did better than the few co-workers that had tried to talk to him about the same thing.