Rival

"Mr Godfrey, meeting in five minutes." Pryce snapped as he walked past Romans office. Roman pursed his lips but rose from his seat, despite his distaste for business of any kind, he had to keep up appearances.

He slumped in a seat next to Pryce, waiting for the head of the rival company to join them. When you entered the room he smiled, you were stubborn and fought everyone on what they said, it was how you'd avoided being bought out so far.

"Pryce... we should get her to work for us." Roman muttered lowly to the doctor who nodded, seeing the advantage of your skills backing the Godfrey industries.

"Yes the only problem with that is her burning desire to have you shot." Pryce snapped recalling the fight you'd had with Roman last time you met.

"Then we'll counter buying her out with a merge." Roman muttered, pulling away from Pryce as the rest of your board members sat down at the long glass table.

--------------------------------------------------------

Working with Roman hadn't been as bad as you thought, you'd both doubled your income, realising his argument as to why you felt it necessary to give quarter of your income to numerous charities.

"I don't see what's so bad about it!" You hissed. Roman rolled his eyes and began storming through the blindingly white corridors in an attempt to ignore you.

"You're not using company funds to build houses." Roman snapped quickly. "We both have to sign off on the agreement." He fixed you with a cold smile as you frowned at him and stalked away.

When he found you, you were nose deep in another charity scheme, Pryce told him you were good for the public face of the company so he often gave you the benefit of the doubt. You'd grown on him in the last few months, he refused to admit it, only realising how he felt after he fired a secretary for flirting with you.

"Pryce thinks I should attend your ball... party thing tonight." He sighed as he took a seat and flipped through on of your files.

"It's a fund raiser to build cheap housing on the land I bought last month and good, you'll probably redeem your family for the mass closing off the iron mills." You mumbled without looking up at him.

He sighed and quickly promised to attend the fundraiser and returned to his office where he was handed a stream of papers to sign, the phone seeming to never stop ringing as he slowly wadded his way through the work.

----------------------------------------------------

Roman almost chocked on the whisky he'd been downing, beautiful didn't come close to how you looked tonight. You walked through the crowds of people who adored you, you would smile and shake hands, eventually you found your way to his side.

"Well I see you actually came; I owe Pryce fifty bucks." You muttered lowly. He chuckled and placed a hand on your lower back, the silky red satin of your dress felt cold under his fingertips, he smiled when you straightened his tie.

He looked down at you for a moment and it wasn't until he'd firmly gripped your chin that you realised he'd slowly lent down towards you. A soft chaste was pressed to your lips and the suddenly he was moving away from you with a satisfied smirk, a glance back told him no one had noticed the exchange, but you were almost as red as your dress.

He shot you a wink as he turned to pay attention to some men that had gathered around him, every now and then he'd glance towards you, not wanting to be far from your thoughts.