Awkward

Awkward, That's how you were feeling. Roman Godfrey, the most wanted boy in town, was staring at you and you, stupidly, returned the gaze and felt like looking away would be like giving in. Even with your best friend tugging at your arm you couldn't look away.

"(Y/N) come on before that weird Godfrey kid comes over." Your best friend had a point. He was weird but most of the girls didn't mind because his family may as well own the town, why he was staring at you so intently you didn't know, and any normal self-respecting person wouldn't find out.

"Fine, I don't want to be late again." You mumbled, pulling your gaze away from his blazing blue orbs of judgement. You could have sworn you heard him chuckle but you did care, he was the type of person to skip classes and smoke in the back corridor or party all night and miss school the next day.

You on the other hand, perfect grades, perfect attendance and an absolutely boringly ordinary life. You had no intention of taking the odd experience you'd had all morning any further.

The bell rang out and you took your usual seat between the new boy and your best friend, he had introduced himself as Peter and seemed nice enough, the twins however; had told everyone to avoid him and you had no intention of causing a scene by outright ignoring the most popular girls in school. Not when you were doing an exemplary job at being invisible. Or so you had thought.

Roman's seat was on the same row as yours and for once he was actually attending a lesson. This however meant that he was going to continue glaring at you as if you'd threatened to take away his most precious possessions.

"Why's Roman Godfrey staring at (Y/N)?" You hunched your shoulders as the class began to whisper and soon your best friend was smiling at you sympathetically.

"You know what he wants don't you?" She hissed as you managed to make your way through the class, practically dragging her out of the room when the bell rang.

"No, why would he want anything from me?" You asked as you both jogged down the stairs to your lockers.

"You're his new pick." She mumbled. You stopped dead, causing several people to bump into you. Occasionally Roman would pick a girl to 'date'. What that actually meant is that he'd find a girl he wanted to sleep with, drug her up and ruin her life, then waltz away and continue to live his silver spoon life in his giant mansion.

"Well he'll just have to go without or find a new pick." You snapped a little too loudly and everyone, including Roman, turned to look at you. You flushed a deep red and attempted to get to your locker without making any more fuss.

"Maybe you should take a few days off and avoid him until someone else catches his eye." You eyed your friend dubiously.

"Or I could just tell him to stop staring at me and to leave me alone." You straightened yourself up and turned as if you were about to do it but decided it would be best to at least plan out what you were going to say.

"That sounds like the worst idea you've ever had... you want me to help write a list of things to yell at him about?" She asked when you didn't move. She smiled when you nodded and lead you out to the football field so you could share lunch while you plotted.