Just Friends (Part Three)

"Anything else?" Roman asked as he was rattled off a list of messages and things to do before he left for the end of the day.

"(Y/N) won't be able to make lunch today." The woman before him said. He sighed and tilted his head.

"Why?" He asked as he stood and shook his jacket on.

"She didn't say why sir. Just that she was unavailable." There was a long pause as Roman shook his head.

"When she wants something she does this. If you payed attention she would have explained why she isn't coming. She wants something and I get it for her, the only difference between your partner getting you some cheap roses and me buying whatever she wants is that I have to guess what it is that she likes. She likes to get on my nerves like that." Roman ranted and glared at the woman who shook her head.

He growled a little and motioned for her to leave, dialing your number as he slumped back into his chair. "Hello?" You sang down the phone.

"What do you want?" Roman asked as he drummed his fingers against his desk.

"What do I want? You rang me!" You complained, pouting in offence that you would bother him. Although being a bother was fun when it came to Roman and his short fuse.

"You're not going to have lunch. Why?" He didn't sound like he wanted an answer, more a submission and his routine to follow as it usually did.

"I'm having lunch just not with you." You explained. You could hear the irritation catch in his throat as he slammed a hand on the desk. "I met a nice millionaire who wants to buy me lunch, dinner and a boat."

"So you're wasting your time rather than having lunch with the billionaire who bought you three boats and a pony, all of which cost me a fortune but you never use them!" Roman was so angry his words came out in short puff of air and then the line went dead.

"One. Two. Three." You said as you phone rang again. "Hello Roman."

"I'm sending the car to pick you up. I'll see you at lunch." He snapped and hung up again.

****************************************************

"Alright. Who the fuck is this millionaire kid? I want to know what's so fascinating about him." Roman demanded of his PR team. They all looked at each other nervously and handed over the little they'd found.

"This is it? I pay you more than the minimum wage is that not enough motivation to do your fucking jobs?" Roman was so furious that he snapped the tablet and tossed it back.

"We are still looking but he's very secretive." One them admitted. Roman nodded firmly and stormed off.

"What is bothering you today?" Pryce asked Roman as they met in the lift. Normally by now you're ecstatic that you'd had lunch with the bubbling ball of evil genius." Pryce looked at Roman whos jaw clenched.

"She's fucked off with some millionaire. He's buying her a boat. I bought her a boat. She has three!" Roman complained and Pryce chuckled at the desperation in his voice. "She says she doesn't want anything. She wasn't this bad when we were in school."

"I would say she has the thing she wanted and that you stop worrying." Pryce advised. He did always find it amusing how Roman was so convinced he was in control as you danced him about like a puppet.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Roman said as he glowered at Pryce who shrugged.

"That you should think about what the gifts were for and why she's living it up with your competitor." Pryce smiled and stepped out of the elevator as Roman headed up to his office.