Nadia

"Hello?" You mumbled as you fumbled around for the lightswitch, your phone slipping from your ear as you held it up with your shoulder.

"You need to come over." Roman said miserably.

"What, Roman. Do you know what time it is?" You sighed and glanced at the clock. "It's so early. What'd you want?"

"I need you to come and watch Nadia." He said quickly and you groaned.

"Roman you have three nannies to watch the baby. Why do I have to. I have to work you know... and most people need sleep." you complained.

"I'll pay you to look after her and you can sleep sometime else." He said, his sleepy voice taking on it's usual bossy tone.

You sighed, agreeing to go. By the time you'd dressed, gathered everything you'd need to work from home, or rather Roman's home, and gotten into your car he'd called you fifteen times.

*****************************

You let yourself into Roman's house, dumping your things on the sofa as you headed up to Nadia's room. The doors were open so you pushed into the room to find Roman sat on the floor with her.

"Why'd you take so long?" He asked.

"I was asleep when you called!" You complained. He nodded and glanced down at Nadia before jerking his head to motion for you to crouch next to him.

"Anna's been talking to Oliva. I don't want anyone else near her." He muttered without looking away from Nadia who watched you both with a calm curiosity. "I can't trust anyone else with Nadia."

You stayed quiet. Growing up in Hemlock Grove you knew Roman, not personally until he just decided one day you would be a good accessory, the way Roman does, admitting that he trusted you was a huge deal and you know if you betrayed his trust you'd be gone.

"I need to go. Pryce booked meetings all morning." He huffed, stroking Nadia's face before handing her over.

Roman vanished from the room and you settled Nadia back into her bed, waiting for Roman to come back. He did which caused a round of fussing from Nadia and you had to make a mental note not to roll your eyes until he'd left because clearly a message from Pryce collapsed his bad mood as he held her carefully and scrolled through his phone.

"We'll be fine!" You insisted while he hesitated.

"Fine. Do not let my mother in here!" He ordered and you nodded, knowing the drill.

***************************

Roman smirked when he came home. Anna had cooked and set the table while you sat on the sofa with Nadia in your lap as you scowled at the screen on the coffee table in front of you. It took several attempts for him to get your attention.

"Well?" He asked as you finally looked up at him. "Are you staying? I'll need you tomorrow too."

"Oh Um... I guess I could." He chuckled and nodded, taking nadia from you so he could return her to her room.

Anna shooed your to the table and plated up food for you and Roman, despite your offer to do it for yourself. Wehen Roman returned he dismissed her before pouring himself a drink. "She likes you."

"Anna?" You asked in confusion, smiling when he laughed and almost choked.

"No Nadia. She's always quiet when you're here." Roman said and started eating. You were both quiet for a while, a comfortable silence filled the room and you stared off in a daydream, jumping a little when you realised Roman had been staring at you. "I like you."

"Oh... thanks?" You muttered, getting to your feet in a fluster as you quickly dashed to the room you used when you stayed.