Angel

You ran your fingers through the fountain in front of you. smiling when the water glistened and rippled, showing you the face you wanted to see so much.

"(Y/N) You can't keep sneaking in here." Your mother smoothed the delicate white wedding dress that fanned around you as you had knelt down.

"I don't want to marry him." Your mother sighed and tidied up your hair becoming tired of this conversation.

"And you think you're more likely to have permission to run off with a half demon boy whom you've only watched from afar." Your mother huffed out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

You'd watched over Roman for so long, it didn't seem right to marry someone who wasn't him, he was dark and troublesome. But you got to see the little things he did, making Shelly feel perfect, small gestures that no one thought Roman capable of. But you saw them.

As you left the room to join the people gathered to force you to marry the most beloved angel of your people you glanced at the portal door that could finally take you to Roman. He was cold and heartless, Roman would spend hours cheering up Shelly, your Betrothed however destroyed anything he could unless it was something that he wanted.

Your hand was on the door before you realised it. When you pulled it open you thought of where you wanted to be and you could see him, Roman, within touching distance. It wasn't until you felt large hands harshly grip your waist and your wings being pressed painfully flat as someone pressed themselves against you.

"I can't have you if you're going to be forever wanting after an inferior creature." The cold voice of your betrothed made your skin crawl as he gripped you tight enough to make your eyes water before shoving you as hard as he could into the swirling mass of power in front of you.

-------------------------------------------------------

You woke up in a cold brightly lit place, panicking and afraid, your fear causing your wings to jerk. You tried to sit up when a searing pain tore through your back.

"Don't move you'll undo the stitches." A short man said quickly as he pressed you back down onto the table.

"Who are you?" you asked quietly.

"Dr Pryce, Mr Godfrey found you and brought you hear." He muttered, checking on the beeping screens around you.

"Hey Pryce is she..." He trailed off and smiled slightly as he looked down at you.

"Roman." You whispered. He ran his teeth over his lip as he looked you over, he wasn't used to girls that looked like you giving him that look. It was a look of adoration and longing; he didn't think anyone had looked at him like that before.

"Hi..." He went to touch your cheek but pulled back hesitantly.

"Well while this moment is very touching I have to x-ray her." Pryce said as he pulled a large machine across the room and raised it so he could see if the connections between your large wings and shoulder blades weren't to damaged.

A tingling sensation had you rubbing your thighs together as Roman's fingers found a spot in the thick white and gold plumage that was overly sensitive despite the pain pulsing up your shoulder blades.

"Roman." Pryce snapped when he realized the Upir was the source of your inability to stay still. You glanced at him and blushed, realising the boy who had consumed your thoughts and dreams for so long was watching the affect his touch had on you.

-------------------------------------

"(Y/N)?" Roman called out. He smiled when he found you outside, wings spread wide in the sunlight. He chuckled when your wings twitched in acknowledgement of him, his new habit of trailing his fingers through your feathers until he reaches the lightly scared shoulder blades. He would kiss each line of scared skin until he could practically feel your body hum under his lips.

"Yes... did you need something." You sigh as he trails a finger across your jawline.

"Just checking you were still real." He mumbled gently. Your head fell onto his shoulder and you tugged gently at his tie. It had been a month since you'd fallen or rather, been pushed, and it had become clear that your determination to stay with Roman was not the acceptable response to the arch-angel's threats.

Unlike your betrothed, who had demanded Roman be killed to seal your loyalty to him. However, they seemed to be won over by your long rambling speech on how you'd watched over Roman for a long time and when they realized how much you really cared for him they let you stay.

Unfortunately, you were to never return to your home, see any of your friends or family and had to stay with Roman, any other human who knew of your presence who wasn't connected to Roman would be destroyed.

The limited conditions seemed nothing when you got to bask in the affection Roman awarded you. he smiled as your wings slid up and wrapped around you both as you became satisfied with the kisses he was pressing to your skin.