43

I anxiously paced outside of Xaviers fathers building lightly tugging on the ends of my hair to get myself to calm down. Today is a work day. We're supposed to be going over some contracts for his client. I'm extremely nervous to see him since it'll be the first time since we kissed.

Considering how I spent half the week in a worm hole of Reddit posts trying to understand our...situation, I have added anxiety. How was he going to act when he saw me. How are we supposed act around each other now. I mean we aren't dating but we kissed and we're...I don't even know. Going with the flow I guess. But where does the flow come in at. I guess i'm nervous for no reason but I really don't know how Im supposed to act around him now.

"Luna?"

I jumped at the sound of my name and turned towards the voice. Xavier came walking up the street in a nike tech sweat suit with a large bag in his hand and a book bag. "Hi." I greeted softly when he approached. He smiled at me softly and stepped closer so he could unlock the door.

"Hey, love. I got breakfast."

"Ooh thanks." I smiled. He unlocked the door and let me inside first before following my lead.

I stepped further inside slowly so I can follow him. I heard the door close. "I know you mentioned that you like a whole lot of powdered sugar on your french toast but i'm sure it disolved by now so i got a whole bag. Didn't want you to have boring toast. but then I realized they didn't give me any syrup so i also got a bottle of that." He rambled nervously as I stepped in behind him.

My nerves were slightly out at ease by his own anxiousness and I giggled. "I appreciate your dedication. Whatever you got is good. Thank you."

"Anything for you, love." He replied as he closed the door behind me.

A comfortable silence followed his statement and we moved almost robotically normal. We did what we always did when we worked together. The only difference was the location. Once we got upstairs and in the office. I sat on the leather couch and he sat behind the desk. I ate silently while he read over his emails and ate. It was normal.

As silly as it sounds it felt Too normal. I wasn't going to complain though; I'd rather normalcy than awkwardness.

"What are your plans for break?" He asked when I started to close the empty food container. "Nothing much honestly. I never really have plans I kinda go with the flow." I shrugged.

"You?"

"Same. I got some charity events coming up, a Christmas party, and I'm gonna go to Puerto Rico for Christmas this year. My sisters genius idea."

"Why do you sound like you don't want to go?"

"I don't really think I do. Don't get me wrong I love Puerto Rico but I don't know how to explain it. Just not feeling it I guess."

"Would you rather go somewhere else instead?" I queried.

A thoughtful expression spread onto his face and he frowned slightly. "I hadn't really thought of any other place...Maybe the Poconos. I want to see snow on Christmas."

"It never does feel right when it doesn't snow." I giggled. "Exactly."

"Why don't you ask them to change the location?"

"Aria would be pissed. I do not want to have my father and her on my ass because she's mad." He laughed. "She sounds like fun."

"You have no idea."

"What are the events you're going to?"

"The school has this toy drive and then a auction for charity afterwards. All of the faculty and staff are invited. Some student show up too, mostly grad students and senior undergrads. Then I have to do the whole christmas party at my dads firm." He shared.

"It sounds like you'll have a busy break. It's not too bad though. At least you won't be bored." I shrugged. I was trying to see the bright side despite how uninterested he sounded in his plans.

"It'll be a good break if I get to see you for the most of it." He replied with a wink. I couldn't help my laugh and I shook my head. "Don't flatter me."

"Will you come to the school charity events?"

"If you mean the toy drive then yes I'll go to that. But I have no business at an auction." I smiled softly. "I wish i could bring you with me. Those things are insufferable. I might help my friend organize it when the time comes. They always need volunteers." He shrugged.

"I'm sure it won't be too bad. I'll send you funny tik toks so keep your airpods on hand. When is it?"

"It's on the 22nd."

I nodded and brushed off some imaginary crumbs from my lap. "Alright I'll keep it in mind."

Our chatter died down after that and I got lost in my thoughts again while trying to review his client, Janelle's, new sales contract.

I wanted to be focused but I simply couldn't as I began to think about all of the things he and I probably won't be able to do together. We can't go out to things like that together even If I could go. Anything remotely school related we needed to keep up a professional only appearance. Outside of that we couldn't really go and grab food in certain places in case someone saw us together.

But then again I do work for him so would it really raise any suspicion if people saw us off campus together? This is college. It's way less strange to see students and professors together outside of class than most might think.  I really needed to let all of this anxious thinking go. I wish I could talk to Nadia about this.

I don't really want to bring any of it up to Xavier right now because I don't want to read to much into this. I don't even know what 'this' is and I sure as hell am not gonna ask any time soon.