The Baby!

When we get home I sit on the couch, still frustrated. "URGH... ZENIX IS-"

"A ba**ard?" He sighs, "I know."

I groans, "HE'S JUST SO-"

"Stupid? Yeah. I know. But hey," He sits beside me. "I sent out the papers a week ago."

My face lights up, "THE ADOPTION PAPERS?!"

He laughs, "Mhm."

"YES YES YES!"

He clears his throat and does his best announcer voice, "Upon upcoming dats of birth, Jasmine Laughters unnamed infant girl will be bestowed onto you legally."

I squeal, "AGH I'M SO EXCITED! WHAT ARE WE GUNNA NAME HER?!"

"I dunno. The birth mom doesn't have any interest in her, so she definitely won't care what we decided to name it."

(Comment below what you want this precious baby girl to be named!)

"I dunno either!"

I sigh and flop backward, "That made my day 10 times better though."

"I knew it would."

I yawn. "Why am I tired? It's 4 pm.."

He shrugs and takes me into his arms, "Go ahead and sleep."

"Wake me up in an hour though." I insist.

He nods, "Okay."

I know he won't wake me up, but I'm so tired. I close my eyes and drift off into sleep.

---

I hear a voice yelling. "Y/N WAKE UP!"

I open my eyes and see Gene running around the living room. I yawn then I sit up and rub my eyes, "What?"

"Get your coat on!" He panics.

"It's Summer, Gene."

"WE HAVE TO GO!" He exclaims, gathering a bag of our baby materials.

I tilt my head, "Why?"

"THE BABIES COMING EARLY!"

I scream and run around, panicking like a lunatic. OH IRENE LET ME REST.

We hop into the car and Gene goes at the maximum speed limit. "GENE SLOW DOWN!"

"IM AT THE SPEED LIMIT!" He shouts.

"YOU'RE GUNNA KILL ME!"

"WELL YOU TRY DRIVING IN A PANIC WHILE YOUR BIRTH MOM
IS IN LABOR!" He yells.

"I WOULD, BUT YOU SHOVED ME IN THE PASSENGERS SEAT!" I protest.

"SORRY BUT YOU DRIVE FASTER THAN A TURTLE'S GRANDMA SNAIL FRIEND!"

"HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK?!" I exclaim.

"I DUNNO!" We pull into the hospital parking lot and rush in, Gene holding my hand and pulling me forward.

"GENE I'M GUNNA FALL! OH MY IRENE!"

We get inside and Gene rushes past reception. I yank him backwards and smile kindly at the receptionist. "Hi ma'am. We're here for our birth mom, Jasmine Laughter."

She stares at us, obviously unamused and unimpressed by our panicky state of mind. She looks to be about 47, but very serious. "Room 616. 3rd floor."

"Thank miss, we appreciate-"

I'm interrupted by Gene yanking me towards the stairs. We run up to the room, because who cares about elevators?

We stop in front of her door, take a moment to collect ourselves, and open it, only to see her giving birth. I scream and shut the door.

"YEAH I'M NEVER DOING THAT." I shiver. "THAT LOOKS MORE THAN PAINFUL."

Gene laughs as we wait outside the door. A nurse walks out, "Are you the adoptive parents?"

We nod, "Yeah."

"Everything is cleaned up in there if you wanna see your birth mom." Then they walk away, holding a small baby.

"That was our baby!" I cry.

"They have to do some stuff, hun." He pats my back. I roll my eyes and we walk into the birth mom's room.

"Hi Miss, we've never met before but-"

"If your some telemarketer, go away." She groans.

Is this lady insane or something?

"No ma'am, we're Y/N and Gene, the adoptive parents." I smile.

"You're adopting me?!" She squeals.

"Not exactly... your little girl.." Gene corrects.

"Oh." She shakes her head. "You two look too young to adopt."

"I'm 22 and he's 23.." I say, awkwardly.

"Oh." She pulls out a cigarette and starts smoking.

"Miss I don't know if that-"

Gene stops me by putting his hand on my shoulder, "Lets go wait in the hall."

I NEED BABY NAMES GUYS