Must Be A Family Trait

Gene and I sit on the couch. He wanted to watch a scary movie. I wasn't compliant at first, but eventually he convinced me to watch.

"It" is the movie we are movie watching... I haven't heard much about it: but its supposed to be really freaky. I'm not necessarily afraid of clown, yet..

Gene promise me that I will be by the time the movie is over, and that doesn't boost my bravery level. The movie starts and I'm already screaming by the time we're 10 minutes in.

"GENE!!! T-TURN IT OFF!!" I squirm.

He just chuckles and tightens his grip around me. I jump.

"GENE!!!" I cry.

He kisses my temple, "Shh. Watch the movie."

"I DON'T WANNA!!" I scream, "I THINK I JUST PEED A BIT!!"

"Well, go to the bathroom." He laughs.

"I'M SCARED!!" I shout.

He reaches for the remote and turns it off. "There, better?"

"NO! I'M TERRIFIED!! CLOWNS ARE FRICKEN EVIL LITTLE... CREATURE-THINGYS!!" I tremble.

"Shh, I got you." He rolls his eyes, "They aren't really evil."

"LIES! LIES! LIES!" I run upstairs and flop on the bed. I hear two taps on the window.

I scream loudly and glance up. "WHAT THE HECK?!"

The same man from yesterday was now at my window. My second story window.

"GEEENE! GENE! GENE!" I yell.

He bolts upstairs, "WHA?"

"MAN!! AT THE WINDOW!! I'M GUNNA DIIIIE!"

(That may sound dramatic, idk. But if a random man pervert was at your second story window, what would you do?)

"WHAT THE-" He runs to the window and opens it. "GO AWAY."

"Well, thats kinda rude. I just wanted to say hi." He climbs in.

I scream and flop around on the bed like a fish.

The man tilts his head, "What happened to her?"

"WELL WHAT DO YOU EXPECT HER TO DO?! A RANDOM STRANGER JUST CLIMBED THROUGH HER WINDOW!!" Gene spits.

"Oh, how rude me. Let me introduce myself. I'm Terri Valkrum." He nods.

(DING DING, YALL GOT IT RIGHT xD)

I shoot up right. "Valkrum?!"

"Uh.. yes?"

"A-AS IN... TRAVIS?" I stutter.

He raises his eyebrow. "Thats my son.. do you know him?"

"YES! HE WON PROM KING WITH MY BROTHER! NOW, GET OUT!" I throw a pillow at him.

"With your brother?" He asks, not budging (even when the pillow hit him in the shoulder.

"Yeah. Didn't mean to out him but... yeah. EITHER WAY, GET OUT!" I scream.

He sighs, "How do you look so beautiful even in just a sweatshirt and capris?"

Gene shoves him. "LAY OFF!"

"Seriously though, I'm curious. And dear, will you tell your brother to stop pushing me?" He says calmly.

I scream for the millionth time today.

Gene fumes, "I'M HER HUSBAND. AND DON'T CALL HER DEAR! I WILL CALL THE POLICE."

Terri puts his hands up, "No need to get violence. I'm out."

He winks at me and climbs out the window in a flash. Gene closes the window.

"I swear to Irene..."